Lowell

mcheiss

I don't live in Lowell and I'm not sure about what kind of development is taking place in this city.

ythpstr2000, can you tell us what kind of development is taking place in the city.

The only development I am sure about is the project off 71-B that's suppose to have the World's Largest World Gym at 50,000 sq. feet.

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

If only Lowell can get the Mahiki Water Park Project back on track. I'm still waiting on an e-mail from a lazy Pinnacle associate about info on the project. I guess their too worried about the Promenade.

Yeah it was funny we quickly went from having two water parks to zero. I suppose one will get built eventually somewhere in the metro.

I am still upset they did not build the water park in Fayetteville off of 6th street. It was a great location, with the university and the interstate right there. Large parks like this don't need a central local in the metro. They can pull from the entire region with no problem. Just like the NWA mall has done for 30 something years. Fayetteville lets them draw easily from Benton County, as well as Ft Smith/I-40.

I had never thought about the Waterpark moving to 6th Street, it actually sounds like a good idea.

That was the location of the second water park. I don't think we were actually going to get two. I think both were just trying to see which would blink first. Building one in Fayetteville of course means you have to make design it a particular way to get it approved.

I don't live in Lowell and I'm not sure about what kind of development is taking place in this city.

ythpstr2000, can you tell us what kind of development is taking place in the city.

The only development I am sure about is the project off 71-B that's suppose to have the World's Largest World Gym at 50,000 sq. feet.

That's the Park Central development and it's actually in Rogers on New Hope Road (I think), but it's very close to Lowell.

If only Lowell can get the Mahiki Water Park Project back on track. I'm still waiting on an e-mail from a lazy Pinnacle associate about info on the project. I guess their too worried about the Promenade.

I'd forget about any hopes for a water park in NWA. It just wouldn't be profitable anymore with the cost of land and the amount of water it would require would put too much of a strain on city water resources, which would result in high usage penalties. Why not just enjoy Bransons or Hot Springs' water parks? Isn't that what makes living in NWA so great? Being so close to other cities with these great attractions we don't even need any. Just keep NWA a great place to do business and people will keep coming even without a waterpark.

That's the Park Central development and it's actually in Rogers on New Hope Road (I think), but it's very close to Lowell.

I think you mean Pleasant Grove Rd, considering at New Hope Rd and 71-B there is a Walmart Neighborhood Market and Bob Maloney Ford Lincoln Mercury.

I'd forget about any hopes for a water park in NWA. It just wouldn't be profitable anymore with the cost of land and the amount of water it would require would put too much of a strain on city water resources, which would result in high usage penalties. Why not just enjoy Bransons or Hot Springs' water parks? Isn't that what makes living in NWA so great? Being so close to other cities with these great attractions we don't even need any. Just keep NWA a great place to do business and people will keep coming even without a waterpark.

It may not happen anytime soon but one will get built eventually. There's too much population growth up here to ignore.

It may not happen anytime soon but one will get built eventually. There's too much population growth up here to ignore.

I agree.

It will take a while for water restrictions to come off Rogers and other towns, but Pinnacle has committed to building a water park.

I agree.

It will take a while for water restrictions to come off Rogers and other towns, but Pinnacle has committed to building a water park.

Isn't the new pipe supposed to be ready to go sometime later this year? I think that's been the main obstacle up there.

Isn't the new pipe supposed to be ready to go sometime later this year? I think that's been the main obstacle up there.

Not sure when the new line is going to be completed.

I know Bentonville is building the line, since they do use Rogers Line as well. Bentonville, once finished with the new line, will give their share of the Rogers Line back to Rogers, which should ease Water Restrictions. Plus, it's been raining quite a bit more, so the lake should return back to it's original level, it's just that this will take a while.

Not sure when the new line is going to be completed.

I know Bentonville is building the line, since they do use Rogers Line as well. Bentonville, once finished with the new line, will give their share of the Rogers Line back to Rogers, which should ease Water Restrictions. Plus, it's been raining quite a bit more, so the lake should return back to it's original level, it's just that this will take a while.

The lake has been low but I don't think that's had much effect on water usage though. I thought I heard that there was still plenty of water to use. But it was causing problems for boat owners and such on the lake.

Yeah it was funny we quickly went from having two water parks to zero. I suppose one will get built eventually somewhere in the metro.

So they both just up and closed their doors? Sorry, I don't know the story. That's just weird, though, if that's what happened.

So they both just up and closed their doors? Sorry, I don't know the story. That's just weird, though, if that's what happened.

They were never built. The one in Fayetteville dropped out early. The one in Lowell I think stuck around a while. Maybe even did a little groundwork but then they realized that Lowell just couldn't handle their water needs. Lowell is a great central location in the metro, but perhaps a larger city would have been a better choice.

Long story Short. The City of Lowell, Central in NW Arkansas, was actually chosen for the Mahiki Beach Water Park, which was suppose to include a volcano, a Dozen Rides, and a Tide/Wave Pool. The City broke ground on the site just off Arkansas 264 well over a year ago, yet as construction was progressing, the city determined that the traffic on Arkansas 264 would be atrocious, therefore the owners (Pinnacle Development), decided to find a new location in NWA. However, Pinnacle has been looking for well over a year. They are currently developing a Million Square Foot Mall, and a 325,000 sq. foot Mixed Use Project, so they could be tied up with it. I'll send them another e-mail and see what's up.

Long story Short. The City of Lowell, Central in NW Arkansas, was actually chosen for the Mahiki Beach Water Park, which was suppose to include a volcano, a Dozen Rides, and a Tide/Wave Pool. The City broke ground on the site just off Arkansas 264 well over a year ago, yet as construction was progressing, the city determined that the traffic on Arkansas 264 would be atrocious, therefore the owners (Pinnacle Development), decided to find a new location in NWA. However, Pinnacle has been looking for well over a year. They are currently developing a Million Square Foot Mall, and a 325,000 sq. foot Mixed Use Project, so they could be tied up with it. I'll send them another e-mail and see what's up.

The issue of traffic didn't come up in planning commission meetings? Waiting until construction begins seems like an awfully big mistake to make!

The issue of traffic didn't come up in planning commission meetings? Waiting until construction begins seems like an awfully big mistake to make!

They actually considered traffic at the Planning Commission meetings, and the city of Lowell committed to widening Arkansas 264 with a double turn lane and a traffic light, but that became to expensive as I recall.

They actually considered traffic at the Planning Commission meetings, and the city of Lowell committed to widening Arkansas 264 with a double turn lane and a traffic light, but that became to expensive as I recall.

Oh okay, I understand now. Thanks for clarifying. I was beginning to wonder if there was a planning commission in place.

Really? I thought I had heard something about that the city of Lowell couldn't handle their water needs. Was there some other company involved as well other than Pinnacle? I thought there had been a few problems with another company. Although maybe I'm thinking of the one here in Fayetteville.

Really? I thought I had heard something about that the city of Lowell couldn't handle their water needs. Was there some other company involved as well other than Pinnacle? I thought there had been a few problems with another company. Although maybe I'm thinking of the one here in Fayetteville.

That was the other concern.

Traffic and water, now I remember.

The third problem, or inconvienance was that Pinnacle was in a lawsuit with Leo A Daly Architecture Firm over design on 3 10 Floor Towers that were suppose to be built in Pinnacle, but were thrown out by Pinnacle.

Archived