Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Alexzero77

Motorola?

6 posts in this topic

While driving down Congress Avenue near Gateway Boulevard, you may notice something different. Where did the Motorola campus go? I was demolished for an apartment neighborhood! Why would they demolish such a well built building?

I think it was because Motorolla left town....

Wouldn't you rather have that new development instead of a vacant campus?

I'm glad that they *tried* to make the site urban. Mind you, it's on Congress Avenue, but at least it's "urbanistic." It's got residences above retail and is kinda walkable....

Where is this?

I'd still prefer having Motorola in town (wherever that is) over a new urbanist development...industry is what keeps cities alive and running.

^I agree, it emploed a lot of people.

It's on Congress Avenue, just south of Hypoluxo I believe. It's close to the Boynton Beach Mall.

I think Motorola made pagers there and when that business slowed down they closed it up and left town.

I think it was because Motorolla left town....

Wouldn't you rather have that new development instead of a vacant campus?

I'm glad that they *tried* to make the site urban. Mind you, it's on Congress Avenue, but at least it's "urbanistic." It's got residences above retail and is kinda walkable....

No, I'm just saying that it was a very well built facility and could have easily been converted into something else.