PROPOSED: RIPTA Elmwood Garage

RIPTA clears Elmwood Avenue site for new garage. But workers must remove contaminated soil at the site of a former lumber company and car dealership before construction of the $30-million project can begin. [ProJo.com]

Live Local View

Call me crazy, but I think fronting this garage with retail would be a good way for RIPTA to generate revenue for itself.

• Replies 1
  • Created
  • Last Reply

RIPTA clears Elmwood Avenue site for new garage. But workers must remove contaminated soil at the site of a former lumber company and car dealership before construction of the $30-million project can begin. [ProJo.com]

Live Local View

Call me crazy, but I think fronting this garage with retail would be a good way for RIPTA to generate revenue for itself.

No, that makes perfect sense. That parcel is huge and a big parking garage is a wasteof $$ when that area already has successful retail establishments lined all the way to the corner of Reservoir Avenue.

Archived