Station Nightclub Fire - Trials

Dan

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Derderians to plead to Station fire charges [ProJo.com]

I saw the press conference where Jeff Derderian broke down, I know he didn't mean for any of this to happen, and I have some genuine sympathy for the guy. But for him not to serve a single day in prison to me is appalling. The image I can't get out of my head is the news footage of all the bodies piled up at the door. What a terrible way to die. The bottom line is that this guy was at least in some position to prevent all this and he didn't, and for that he deserves some punishment.

What is this "sentenced to 11 years, all suspended" That means no jail time? Whats the point of sentencing and then 'suspending' it?

means if you get into any trouble you go straight to jail, worse than probation, atleast thats what ive been told from a couple of my roughneck friends

http://www.boston.com/news/local/articles/..._deal_stuns_ri/

i feel that the band is most responsible. if you know the music scene at all then you would know that the managers of these bands are usually the fall guys and scapegoats for the bands, almost like puppets. the band should go to jail. period.

i really wish the people involved would just drop this. the fact remains that the fire marshalls allowed the sound proofing, but they weren't at all involved in any lawsuits and certainly aren't facing any criminal charges. sending the derdarians to jail isn't going to bring back those who died. no one purposely set out to kill anyone and no one thought that the pyrotechnics would cause such a fire.

sending the derdarians to jail isn't going to bring back those who died.

The same thing could be said for any murder case. Does that excuse what they did?

I'm simply appalled that the owners (or anyone else involved) isn't getting any jail time or has minimal jail time.

Buddy gets 5 years for some corruption but these guys don't get anything for being responsible for the death of 100 people?

What angers me the most, however, is that the victims had to hear about this on the news like everyone else.

By the way, doesn't the lack of a news conference seem odd to you guys?

The same thing could be said for any murder case. Does that excuse what they did?

I'm simply appalled that the owners (or anyone else involved) isn't getting any jail time or has minimal jail time.

Buddy gets 5 years for some corruption but these guys don't get anything for being responsible for the death of 100 people?

What angers me the most, however, is that the victims had to hear about this on the news like everyone else.

By the way, doesn't the lack of a news conference seem odd to you guys?

but the question is are they responsible? again, i'll ask... what about the fire marshall who ok'd the sound proofing that went up in seconds?

and how about the band? they were the ones who lit the stuff that caused the fire.

but the question is are they responsible? again, i'll ask... what about the fire marshall who ok'd the sound proofing that went up in seconds?

and how about the band? they were the ones who lit the stuff that caused the fire.

Hey, I'm not saying those guys should be getting a free ride either.

I don't see how the Derderians could be personally responsible for the deaths at the Station. Sure they owned the club, but they had no idea what would happen and their soundproofing was ok'd by so called experts! How can we blame this on them? Those truly responsible are those who ok'd this flammable soundproofing and those who ok'd these pyrotechnics to go off in the club that night.

Hey, I'm not saying those guys should be getting a free ride either.

my biggest issue is that the families seem like they're out there to seek revenge rather than justice. the fire was not intentional. it was an accident. the derderians said they said no pyro, the band said the derderians allowed it, and the fire marshall ok'd sound proofing that did not meet code. who do you blame here? honestly, i'd put most of the blame on the fire marshall. if the sound proofing met code, it would not have cmopletely engulfed in flames like it did.

my biggest issue is that the families seem like they're out there to seek revenge rather than justice. the fire was not intentional. it was an accident. the derderians said they said no pyro, the band said the derderians allowed it, and the fire marshall ok'd sound proofing that did not meet code. who do you blame here? honestly, i'd put most of the blame on the fire marshall. if the sound proofing met code, it would not have cmopletely engulfed in flames like it did.

Methinks allowing 400 people in a venue that's supposed to have 300 people means the owners bear some responsibility.

Methinks allowing 400 people in a venue that's supposed to have 300 people means the owners bear some responsibility.

when i booked shows at RI College, it was the fire marshall, or his appointee who was paid by the school (out of my programming budget) for the night who kept track of capacity. This was almost 20 years go, btw.

ProJo has a llive video feed from the courtroom:

http://www.projo.com/sharedcontent/VideoPl...17&live=yes

They are on a 20 minute recess now. The victims families are ripping the judge and the Dederians new ones.

why do they seek revenge? and why are they not going after the fire marshall, is he protected or something?

• 2 months later...
  • 3 months later...

Archived