Great article on Schermerhorn

Skyscrapergeek

• Replies 8
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I just found out from the Minister of Music @ my church that the benefit choir I sing in will get to perform at the new Hall on Oct 15th. I knew I would go to a concert there but never thought I would get to sing on stage, even if it is part of a much larger group.

Needless to say I very excited about that!

A friend of mine at Murray State got to tour the bldg last week and he had fun telling me all the details. He's now in rm 13 at the Calloway Co. Hospit...well, you get the picture.

It's so sad KS is no longer with us

I don't think most Nashvillians (or Tennesseans, for that matter) have come to understand yet how signficant this building will be for our city and state. The phrase "world class" is probably overused--but it definitely applies to this stunning, truly handsome building. You can argue about whether or not the Symphony should have tried a more modern architectural design, but for a classically inspired traditional building this one is as good as it gets--absolutely top quality in materials and design. This really will raise Nashville a notch on the national cultural landscape.

And yes, I've already bought season tickets! I can hardly wait.

Archived