Wal-mart

• Replies 114
  • Created
  • Last Reply

That's what I love about KNWA...read about the story in the morning paper, find out more on Channel 24 that same evening.

The KNWA report said that recruiters are going to try and get about 200 Chinese/international companies to open offices in northwest Arkansas.

That's what I love about KNWA...read about the story in the morning paper, find out more on Channel 24 that same evening.

The KNWA report said that recruiters are going to try and get about 200 Chinese/international companies to open offices in northwest Arkansas.

Wow, that could really create some diversity up here in Benton County if we had upwards of 1,000 Chinese Nationals living here.

Wow, that could really create some diversity up here in Benton County if we had upwards of 1,000 Chinese Nationals living here.

Now I think KNWA did also talk to someone and I believe they said that even if these companies did open up offices that they may not bring in a lot of new people from China. But rather hire people over here to work for them. So I guess we may not necessarily get a lot of foreigners out of this after all. Guess we'll just have to wait and see.

^

Of corse.

But seriously, we could use such a district, I mean look at the large Asian Population already here. Something with an Asian Grocery Market (Real Authentic Market kind of deal), a few authentic asian restaurants, some asian sovenier shops, a Japense Bonzai Garden, and a Bhuddist Temple. Think about it, it could be a tourist destination. The nearest Asian District I know about is in Oklahoma City.

^

Of corse.

But seriously, we could use such a district, I mean look at the large Asian Population already here. Something with an Asian Grocery Market (Real Authentic Market kind of deal), a few authentic asian restaurants, some asian sovenier shops, a Japense Bonzai Garden, and a Bhuddist Temple. Think about it, it could be a tourist destination. The nearest Asian District I know about is in Oklahoma City.

I certainly wouldn't mind having one as well.

I have some off topic info. Well actually rumors. There are rumors about Beyonce and Mary J Blige being at the Wal-mart shareholders metting this weekend.

Yep, according to the News they will be on Dickson street Saturday night. Along with Taylor Hicks, I think that is someone from American Idol. Anyway, I won't be first in line to see any of them. Let me know when Pink Floyd or the Eagles come to the Shareholders meeting and I will be there. :D

Here's an interesting article about the goings on at this years Shareholders Meeting. Bottom line may sting a little...

"Among the critics were shareholders bashing the company for what they called the out-sized disparity between the compensation of top executives and lower-level store employees, calling on the company to disclose its political contributions and advocating humane slaughter for chickens sold in the grocery aisles."

"None of the shareholder proposals introduced at the meeting was approved."

Wal-Mart sings song of change at annual meeting - Reuters

Check out this article about the mysterious Wal-Mart facility that was built behind the new Jane, MO Supercenter. It's the Area 51 of the Midwest. Wal-Mart's data center remains mystery

The real mystery to me is why they built it in Missouri and not Northwest Arkansas. I guess Wal-Mart wants it close to the home office without being so close as to being a single target to an attack. But, why not Fayetteville? :D

Check out this article about the mysterious Wal-Mart facility that was built behind the new Jane, MO Supercenter. It's the Area 51 of the Midwest. Wal-Mart's data center remains mystery

The real mystery to me is why they built it in Missouri and not Northwest Arkansas. I guess Wal-Mart wants it close to the home office without being so close as to being a single target to an attack. But, why not Fayetteville? :D

Yeah I'm not sure why they didn't pick a location in NWA. Maybe it's something simple like they got a good deal on the price. I suppose I could see Wal-mart picking that location if it was quite a bit cheaper than land in NWA. I've also wondered if taxes could have something to do with it. I get the impression taxes as cheaper across the state border. But as you said maybe Wal-mart also just wants to spread itself out a little.

• 3 weeks later...

"Italian fashion group Fendi S.R.L. sued Wal-Mart Stores in U.S. federal court on Friday, accusing the world's largest retailer of selling counterfeit handbags and passing them off as genuine at its Sam's Club warehouse stores."

Fendi sues Wal-Mart over fake handbags

Fer shame, fer shame. I bet some poor buyer got the axe for that one. :D

"Italian fashion group Fendi S.R.L. sued Wal-Mart Stores in U.S. federal court on Friday, accusing the world's largest retailer of selling counterfeit handbags and passing them off as genuine at its Sam's Club warehouse stores."

Fendi sues Wal-Mart over fake handbags

Fer shame, fer shame. I bet some poor buyer got the axe for that one. :D

Accoring to documents provided by Wal-Mart, it appears what they did was legal. They bought the bags from a "broker", if you ask me Fendi is going to have an uphill battle with this one.

Accoring to documents provided by Wal-Mart, it appears what they did was legal. They bought the bags from a "broker", if you ask me Fendi is going to have an uphill battle with this one.

I hope Fendi ends up getting counter-sued by Wal-Mart. It's all part of the good fight to improve Wal-Mart's image. The more people see the attacks on Wal-Mart are unwarranted the better Wal-Mart's image.

Wal-Mart may just end all hunger, war and pain and bring peace and joy to the entire world. Okay maybe not, but they may save more than just a few trees and get rid of more than just a couple of landfills.

:cry: it brings a tear to my eye

"The world's largest retailer announced an environmental sustainability program last year it hopes will reduce greenhouse gas emissions in stores, increase fleet efficiency and reduce solid waste.

One of the ways Wal-Mart plans to do the latter is by "removing, reducing, reusing, renewing and recycling" packaging of the products sold in its stores.

And that's where Wal-Mart suppliers come in. In a June 5 research note, Bank of America Securities noted that the retailer's executives told shareholders recently that all marketers need to "right size" their packaging and shift to reusable/recyclable materials within two years or risk losing shelf space."

READ IT HERE!!! - The Morning News

Archived