Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

michaelskis

Car Pool

5 posts in this topic

Well some of us have a quite a commute and in most places the public transportation system in Michigan is not all that great. Well to reduce the dependency on gas, I have been thinking about carpooling with some co-workers. Is this something that you do? How well does it work for you?

I live in AZ right now car pooling is a sin. Asside from that, my work schedule is to erratic. Car pooling is not an option. Although I would If I could. If you live and work in the city, and you have a regular job. (Not one with fries) You could use the bus system, which is actually really efficient. I'm pretty sure tho, that they do have car pooling networks, websites for them.

Yes, I car pool with a co-worker 90+% of the time on our commute to the office. It works out well for us. On occassion, one of us may have to leave early, so we will drive separately (hence the reason it is not 100% of the time).

I don't carpool because I live near work and school. If not, I would make an effort to do so or take "public transportation".

I know a lot people who carpool here in Ann Arbor, both students and workers. Up in Saginaw, the carpooling lots are always packed with cars as well, sometimes overflowing.