MGM theme park planned for Riverbend

Bears

• Replies 8
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Check out this masterplan for Riverbend!!! The photo doesn't show the colors for the residential but it gives you a good idea on the commercial parts...

http://www.johnmayo.com/bill_phillips.JPG

A St. Regis Hotel? :shades: Pretty swanky

Here's the only website I can find about the development

http://www.johnmayo.com/riverbend_crossing.htm

Any google wizards out there that can find the development companys homepage? Its developed by Phillips Development Company and I can't find a website for them where I'm sure they have a few renderings of this project.

I hope it gets off the ground as well. The Memphis metro would finally have an amusement park that would compete with other major cities. I say let Libertyland go, and wait for this to develop - but 15-20 years? Maybe they should develop the amusement park first.

This is an impressive-looking development to say the least. Only one thing concerns me, however. Where are the people going to come from to populate the residential piece of these massive developments? I would feel more comfortable if our region's economy was bustling with new, high-paying jobs that were attracting outsiders to migrate into these communities. Without that, I fear Riverbend and Myriad will just suck people out of today's "escape suburbs" like Southaven or Olive Branch...much like those two sucked people out of Whitehaven and Southeast Memphis during the past two decades.

This is an impressive-looking development to say the least. Only one thing concerns me, however. Where are the people going to come from to populate the residential piece of these massive developments? I would feel more comfortable if our region's economy was bustling with new, high-paying jobs that were attracting outsiders to migrate into these communities. Without that, I fear Riverbend and Myriad will just suck people out of today's "escape suburbs" like Southaven or Olive Branch...much like those two sucked people out of Whitehaven and Southeast Memphis during the past two decades.

I think a good chunk of the people will be retired babyboomers from the north/midwest.

Archived