Indiana and Wisconsin

tony speller

• Replies 24
  • Created
  • Last Reply

why don't they have forums like MI, IL, MO, and OH? There are some pretty large cities and urban areas in both states. Pretty nice ones, I might add.

They don't just start a sub-forum for an area here. It takes someone interested in that area to get it going, post regularly, and even then it takes 6 mos - year for it to take off (if it gets enough interest).

For instance, just look at the Illinois section to see how seldom it gets posted to:

http://www.urbanplanet.org/forums/index.php?showforum=228

With that being said, if you know someone from those areas interested in giving it a go, let us know.

I'd be interested in helping grow those forums. I've been trying to create conversations in various rooms, stir up traffic. One problem is I have the computer skills of a cave man, it took me about a year to figure out how to successfully quote someone. So that whole photo web hosting thing, I might as well be trying to write code on my own. But i'm working on touching up my skills, figuring out what I can and cannot link to, and when I do, there are a few rooms i'm going to focus on.

But I've often wondered why we havent had very many Indy, and WI people on here. I'd like to see those forums grow too.

I would love to see the Midwest forum get fleshed out more with active forums with forumers interested in pushing threads and news about the urban development in their states, but as stated earlier by GRDadof3, the forums already established for Midwestern states are rather slow at the moment so their would have to be established interest and local forumers willing to participate to get new forums created.

If their are Hoosiers out there who would like a forum, join up and post Indiana threads in the Midwest forum see if traffic and posters can get built up. That holds true for the other states as well.

I could in particular help with an Indiana forum though, since I follow the news and developments of parts of that state on a regular basis, have photos, etc.

I would love to see the Midwest forum get fleshed out more with active forums with forumers interested in pushing threads and news about the urban development in their states, but as stated earlier by GRDadof3, the forums already established for Midwestern states are rather slow at the moment so their would have to be established interest and local forumers willing to participate to get new forums created.

If their are Hoosiers out there who would like a forum, join up and post Indiana threads in the Midwest forum see if traffic and posters can get built up. That holds true for the other states as well.

I could in particular help with an Indiana forum though, since I follow the news and developments of parts of that state on a regular basis, have photos, etc.

That's probably the best way to start ruralking. Post links to articles and photos of things going on in those areas here in the Midwest section. That might capture people out looking for information (like how I found UP). I know Indianapolis is growing pretty well, and must have some development news going on.

you know it's funny about the midwest how slow the traffic is, but I think it will continue to get better, we seem to have some good dedicated forumers in here. Funny thing for the midwest forum being "slow" It has the second highest number of replies to topics, out of all the other sections.

• 4 weeks later...

I am a regular reader, though not a frequent poster. I thoroughly enjoy the excellent urban photography in the Detroit forums and check them often. It would be nice for Indiana to be covered here.

I think Indianapolis deserves some coverage and would be able to start posting some photos of the many new developments in Indy. Urban restoration and historic preservation are highly appreciated in the city.

Welcome! Post away, Indianapolis is one of my favorite cities, and is certainly under represented on here. It would be great to see Indiana have it's own forum. I know we've had some FtWayne and South Bend posts on here. The more topics the better.

I am a regular reader, though not a frequent poster. I thoroughly enjoy the excellent urban photography in the Detroit forums and check them often. It would be nice for Indiana to be covered here.

Welcome to the forum! If you can help us start some coverage and get photo threads going I will certianly try to help out the dicussion and help get some activity going if possible. :D I am more a NWIN inclined forumer, but I am a fan of Indy as well.

• 3 weeks later...

Hey great to have you here. You can help, by starting threads about things going on around Indy or in Ft Wayne or anything Indiana related in general. Even the slightest bit of activity, or a dedicated forumer would help. I'll do my part to contribute. But we are all so busy with our own respective regions, it's really hard to get out there and explore, and learn. It really helps when someone from the area, starts trickling info and news clips our way. :) Because you're right Indianapolis is a great town. Indiana is a populated state, there's got to be more people who would find this site as a good way to express there thoughts and opinions!

• 5 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...

I would think with some supportive forumers that it would be quite easy to grow a Wisconsin forum with great cities with urban growth as Madison, Milwaukee, and probably even Green Bay.

I would think its only a matter of time, as the Indiana forum finally got some traction and is growing before a Wisconsin thread is started and flourishes.

Archived