Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

tony speller

Midwest Minor Leage sports teams

10 posts in this topic

I was going to make this a poll, but there are just way too many minor leage sports teams out there to even make an OK poll. So, brag away. Post pictures, stats, info, whatever about your favorite home town minor league sports. :)

My favorite Minor League Team is my home town Springfield, MO Cardinals. The Springfield Cardinals are in the Double A Texas League East Division and are affiliated with the St. Louis Cardinals. They play in the 8,000 seat Hammons Field which was the winner of the "Ballpark of the Year" award in 2005 given by baseballparks.com The Cardinals are currently in 1st place in the whole AA Teaxas League!

The official Springfield Cardinals Website.

Hammons-Baseball-Field-big.jpg

18.jpg

Springf1.jpg

Traverse City , Michigan has a cool Minor League Stadium.

i cant find any good pics right now, but its called Wuerfel Park

thats a cool looking minor league field there in springfield, wish I could say the same for here in west MI, OLDS park in Lansing is a pretty nice place too

are you saying that fifth third ballpark is boring?

hehehehe

Toledo, Ohio has the Mud Hens. http://www.mudhens.com/ I actually haven't been to any of their games but I plan on it. They play at the Fifth Third Field. Toledo is suppose to be getting a hockey team also, they will be playing in the downtown arena that is currently being constructed.

100_0081.jpg

Toledo, Ohio has the Mud Hens. http://www.mudhens.com/ I actually haven't been to any of their games but I plan on it. They play at the Fifth Third Field. Toledo is suppose to be getting a hockey team also, they will be playing in the downtown arena that is currently being constructed.

100_0081.jpg

Thats great news for Toledo. I'd really like to see that city pull a Grand Rapids.

Grand Rapids has the Whitecaps baseball team, an affiliate of the Detroit Tigers. Stadium is pretty plain looking and in the suburbs, but holds about 10,000 people, which is not bad for a minor league team:

PICT0034.jpg

The Grand Rapids Griffins are an affiliate of the Detroit Red Wings.

griffins13.jpg5f3747b1a434df74adfc2bd79393a39e_30.jpg

They play at the Van Andel Arena downtown, which also holds about 10,000 people:

vfiles11460.jpg

I am going with my daughter tonight to bring her to her first whitecaps game. Should be lots of fun. :D