New to the site

JV130

HEllo my name is Johnny and I live in Richmond,VA. I new to urbanplanet.org and would like to discuss the HR Area as compared to Richmond Area. I want to know people's opinions. Sorry Metro M if I made a mistake of posting two threads before. I thought the first one did not go through. So I look forward to chatting with everybody on here about this topic.

• Replies 10
  • Created
  • Last Reply

HEllo my name is Johnny and I live in Richmond,VA. I new to urbanplanet.org and would like to discuss the HR Area as compared to Richmond Area. I want to know people's opinions. Sorry Metro M if I made a mistake of posting two threads before. I thought the first one did not go through. So I look forward to chatting with everybody on here about this topic.

I think they are locking your threads because you are doing a city v. city thread which is against the rules. Just ask what is good about HR.

Okay so what is good about HR? Specifically Norfolk

Life on the water. Beach is very close, there is even one in Norfolk. Boating in the bay. Museums, concerts. Tons of festivals. Culture varies from city to city so if you need a change of scenes you can drive just 20 mins for it. Decent clubs. Maybe some of the other guys can add some things.

Life on the water. Beach is very close, there is even one in Norfolk. Boating in the bay. Museums, concerts. Tons of festivals. Culture varies from city to city so if you need a change of scenes you can drive just 20 mins for it. Decent clubs. Maybe some of the other guys can add some things.

So why do people who live there say it is just totally horrible with not to much to do? I personally think it would be a decent area to move to.

So why do people who live there say it is just totally horrible with not to much to do? I personally think it would be a decent area to move to.

what people are you referring to?

There is tons of stuff to do. Maybe they didn't know what to do. Alot people think all the stuff to do here is for tourist only.

what people are you referring to?

There is tons of stuff to do. Maybe they didn't know what to do. Alot people think all the stuff to do here is for tourist only.

Well I have a couple of friends who grew up in Hampton and they really don't talk too highly of the area. They say it lacks individuality, culture and job opportunities. I am hoping that is not true because I think it would be a good change from Richmond.

Well I have a couple of friends who grew up in Hampton and they really don't talk too highly of the area. They say it lacks individuality, culture and job opportunities. I am hoping that is not true because I think it would be a good change from Richmond.

They probably didn't come over the other side of the water very much. How long ago was that? Things have changed here quite a bit.

They probably didn't come over the other side of the water very much. How long ago was that? Things have changed here quite a bit.

Well one friend left from Hampton in 2002 to go to Northern VA. He said there was more to do on the other side but it still did not satisfy him. The other friend is still there and no he does not go across the other side of the water at all. I take it there are more opportunities and nightlife across the tunnel.

Well one friend left from Hampton in 2002 to go to Northern VA. He said there was more to do on the other side but it still did not satisfy him. The other friend is still there and no he does not go across the other side of the water at all. I take it there are more opportunities and nightlife across the tunnel.

Its really changing on that side of the water too. There is more people on the southside so there is alot more to do. There is water parks in vabeach and such. Just come down and visit the area. You can't listen to what people say but experience it yourself.

Its really changing on that side of the water too. There is more people on the southside so there is alot more to do. There is water parks in vabeach and such. Just come down and visit the area. You can't listen to what people say but experience it yourself.

Well I have been to Downtown Norfolk and that looks very nice. I was almost amazed the first time I saw it. I have been to Newport News and it seemed like nothing too spectacular out there. I did like the fact that they had two African American Strip Clubs and I saw alot of good looking women out there in general.

Archived