Kansas City Dominating in downtown population

ShowMeKC

• Replies 48
  • Created
  • Last Reply

what, now you don't believe City Hall or the Census? That is just really stupid.

That website says we have 1 square mile in our downtown? Sure, the downtown loop is one square mile, but that isn't the whole of downtown. Downtown includes the City Market, Crown Center, the Downtown Loop, and more land than that.

Trust me, the downtown boundaries ARE as I say they are because that is what City Hall has decided and what they decide is the final say. No one else in the world can change it.

Also, the downtown council is made of the leading developers in our city, but City Hall does have them in high regards, so basically, what they say, goes.

And who are you to challenge federal and city stats? You, nor the feds live here, I don't have the right to challenge stats from Minneapolis, and you don't have the right to challenge stats from mine, you don't know anything about KC, and I don't know much about Minneapolis. (except that it's bigger than KC)

LOLOLOLOL!! KCdevin (aka GuyedGuy)-- once again your jealousy of St. Louis shines through! Those numbers are complete and utter BULLcrap and you know it. You can't compile a list of population figures using different sources ***EDITED***. Downtown populations are some of the most difficult to quantify, as every city has different boundaries for what they consider "downtown." For all practical purposes though, I can assure you that downtown St. Louis is bigger than downtown Kansas City, not only in daytime and residential population, but also in physical size. KC is just a baby in comparison (nice skyline though). ****EDITED****.

Jive jive, I'm not looking for a fight, and your not getting one... I don't like fighting anymore.

BTW, they know who I am ;) My name used to be KCGuyedGuy on here before I had it changed. You have not made me angry Jive, and your (really) immature comments never will anymore.

I'm not jealous of STL, I don't even hate STL anymore, I don't have any reason to. Your city is just as good as mine, no better and no worse.

What's with this verbal "assault" anyway? I never did anything to deserve it, nor your hate.

what, now you don't believe City Hall or the Census? That is just really stupid.

That website says we have 1 square mile in our downtown? Sure, the downtown loop is one square mile, but that isn't the whole of downtown. Downtown includes the City Market, Crown Center, the Downtown Loop, and more land than that.

Trust me, the downtown boundaries ARE as I say they are because that is what City Hall has decided and what they decide is the final say. No one else in the world can change it.

Also, the downtown council is made of the leading developers in our city, but City Hall does have them in high regards, so basically, what they say, goes.

And who are you to challenge federal and city stats? You, nor the feds live here, I don't have the right to challenge stats from Minneapolis, and you don't have the right to challenge stats from mine, you don't know anything about KC, and I don't know much about Minneapolis. (except that it's bigger than KC)

Dude you need to chill the f*ck out. You are the only moron making a big deal out of this! First of all, I never challenged your numbers so get that straight. I posted those population figures to discuss them, not to fight about them. Furthermore, did I accuse you of being wrong about the figures?

I gave you census numbers and you cried because you were worried about KC looking smaller than other cities. You said that you only trust what the locals have to say, but then you went and stated that the numbers were census and city hall numbers that align perfectly, so it showed the accuracy. Didn't you say that census numbers aren't accurate? Make up your frickin' mind before you start talking sh*t to others.

BTW, I have been to KC plenty of times to visit my girlfriend's sister who happens to attend school in Lawrence (they're from Wichita). I know plenty about the three cities so if you want me to share my thoughts for the group, I would be happy to do so. Also, being you decided to bring Minneapolis into this, all I have to say is that there are more differences between Minneapolis and KC than just the fact that Minneapolis is bigger. Minneapolis is in another league. Stick to what ya know - bragging about KC and showing your jealousy towards St. Louis.

I told you, I'm not jealous of STL, I happen to love them as much as KC (well not really as much but I still love them)

Haven't you heard the commandment "Thou shalt not covet your neighbor's house..."? Well I am living by that. I am thankful for what KC has.

Also, I know Mpls is in another league, IMO it's the second biggest city in the Midwest. It's one of those cities that KC can never match up to.

Listen, you don't have to curse to get your point across either, you should be able to keep from personal insults and swearing.

I just don't want people looking at your stats (err, that website's) and assuming they are correct and then assuming KC is just still a cowtown, when that website's information (for KC, STL and of course other cities) is very wrong. I emailed them and I hope they will deal with it.

Now can we get off this arguing? I don't like fighting or debating anymore. I have alot better things to do, and so do you.

Neither of us has the right to bash the other city. (neither as in you, jive and me)

I would like to apologize for setting off so easily, I just read your post wrong and assumed you were calling me a liar (but you weren't), which is something I really don't like.

First of all, don't assume because it will get you into trouble. Secondly, I know I shouldn't be cursing or talking down to others, but when people are only making ASSUMPTIONS instead of hearing or reading as well as comprehending what others have to say, unfortunately cursing becomes a factor when comes down to getting that point across. Furthermore, why do you care so much what people think about KC? I have never heard anyone refer to the city as being a cowtown. Most people who read about cities and study them or those who travel would not say that about KC. Seriously, I don't think it's a bad place and I haven't heard too many negative things about it either.

So, back on topic, does anyone want me to rephrase the thread (in a new thread) as KC's downtown population passes 15,000? and not compare to other cities?

Also, this thread was meant to show how good our downtown is doing and wasn't meant to downsize or put down other cities.

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHA :lol::lol::lol: MADD FUNNY. This is the first heated discussion ive seen on this forum. But try and cool it down please. JiveCitySTL dont make fun of another persons city. KCDevin is just tryin to advertise his city. I am a STL native myself but you dont see me bashing KC just because im originally from STL. Dont do that please. Who cares about the downtown pop anyway. KCDevin, you should be proud of your city for have the Tallest builing in MO and the best skyscrapers in the state. Jive you should be proud of you city for having the Arch with is the tallest National monument in the US of A (and I was born there ;) ) Both cities are great. All cities are great. The point of a forum like this is to show off our city and not bash eachother for whos city is better and which one sucks. No. This is a community. We are here cuz nobody really cares about this stuff like we do. Everybody on this forum has something in common. Cant we all just be Friends.

Oh, I thought I'd post this, St. Louis has 130,000 more people in it's 61 square miles than KC does in our 60 square miles (around downtown, south of the river).

In 60 square miles (in an area that was once our city limits with 60 sq. miles) KC has 204,996 people.

• 3 months later...

I wanted to make a correction to the figures about the living/working population in Downtown Memphis.

The population living downtown is 20,778 people in 9,628 households.

The working population downtown is 80,011.

These figures and more information about Downtown Memphis is available at www.downtownmemphis.com

Downtown is laid out in the following districts, all with signficant populations:

South Main/South Bluffs

Harbor Town

North Main/Pinch

Central Business Core

Sports & Entertainment District

Warehouse/Loft District

Uptown

New Main District

Right outside of Downtown is Midtown, the artsy, young, hip area...where another 50,000 people live.

You can find a map of the area at www.downtownmemphis.com

Archived