Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

monsoon

Saturday in Wilmington, NC (PT I)

11 posts in this topic

Looks like a nice city...

It's interesting to see the difference in styles from one side of the state to the other in VA, SC,GA, AL, and especially NC.

Looks like a great city. Full of life, even on a Saturday. Thanks for the tour!

BTW, how many people does Wilmington have?

Once again Great photos! When I look at the variety of architectural styles, it quite interesting. Its like a combination of Charleston, Asheville, High Point, Greensboro and Winston-Salem.

This is the USS North Carolina, a WWII Battleship, which is open to the public for tours.  It is located on the other side of the river from the town.

109_0902.jpg

I went on this ship this past Fall for the first time. Charleston has a nice one down there, much bigger.

Not only you beat me to the punch with your Wilmington pics, but you really took some OUTSTANDING photos. Wilmington does not only look good through my eyes, but also through your lenses!!!

Finklesteins Music and Jewelery!

I like the townhouses on the Riverwalk BUT you might get woken up at night by people walking by.

What a nice place...on too part II!

Excellent photos! I've only been in the Wilmington area two or three times, but haven't had the chance to explore it. Our church had a summer trip several years ago to Wilmington and the Outer Banks, but I couldn't go. I have explored Elizabeth City and the rest of the coast line, including the lighthouses and it's very peaceful and beautiful. It's a coast for those who want to get away from the crowds and relax. There's a lot of historic architecture along the NC coast too.