Norfolk Botanical Garden

rusthebuss

• Replies 14
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Very nice! I love the botanical gardens and it has been a few years since I visited. I have to get back soon for sure.

The thing is, I only got time to visit a small part of the area. We are going to have to go back and see the rest one of these days. I loved the boat ride. If anyone goes, make sure you take the canal tour!

Wow! Those gardens are beautiful :w00t: The statues and the fountains, and a canal?! Awesome photos man!

The crazy thing dude is that I lived here all my life and never visited here. I never knew it was sooo big and nice. Next will be the zoo. So in a couple of weeks expect some pics of the zoo.

The crazy thing dude is that I lived here all my life and never visited here. I never knew it was sooo big and nice. Next will be the zoo. So in a couple of weeks expect some pics of the zoo.

The gardens are huge. I have a year pass there and have been three times and have still not made it all the way thru.

Nice looking botanical garden. We're finally getting one where I live later this year but I really don't think it's going to be anything as nice as that one.

It will years down the road. Its taken decades for it to get like that. Its 155 acres and I barely scratched the surface.

Is the city promoting the Botanical Gardens as much as they promote Downtown Attracitons. When I was growing up the only time you heard anything about the Botanical Gardens was around Azalea Gardens festival time. I always thought that this was a jewel in Norfolk's crown and should be more aggressively promoted. It is after all one of the first impressions people have of Norfolk when they arrive at the Airport.

• 3 months later...

World of Wonders exhibit opens at Botanical Garden

The $4.2 million garden in Norfolk Botanical Garden spans 3 acres and is filled with interactive exhibits. The garden is geared to children from ages 4 to 14, but anyone is welcome.

"It's a fun place to go, but the main purpose of it is to be educational," said executive director Donald Buma.

• 5 months later...

Archived