Frandor Shopping Center - torn down?

Big Boy

1050 Trowbridge, East Lansing

7050 S. Cedar

3425 W. Saginaw

5020 W. Saginaw - may have been located inside Lansing Mall

Meridian Mall

Bill Knapp's

Gd. River @ US-127 - now Jimmy's (yes, I know there are more ex-Bill Knapp's)

Bonanza

6727 S. Cedar - now Ponderosa

Burger Chef

6031 S. Cedar - now Arby's

622 N. Homer - now Arby's

2316 N. East - demolished for a church

Burger King

Lansing Mall - now LensCrafters

Meridian Mall

E. Gd. River, East Lansing - empty

Carousel Hot Dogs

Lansing Mall?

Chi-Chi's

5924 W. Saginaw - empty?

4980 Marsh, Okemos - something moving in last I checked

Cinnabon

Meridian Mall

Coffee Beanery

Lansing Mall

Meridian Mall

Dairy Queen

East Lansing - was next to Beaner's Coffee (which is in old Arby's); empty

Meridian Mall - see Karmelkorn

Dawn Donuts

1135 E. Gd. River, East Lansing - now a pizzeria

Dog & Suds

1629 S. Washington - now a party store

1431 E. Michigan - demolished?

1320 Gd. River - now Olympic Broil

Saginaw St.

St. Johns - abandoned

Domino's

319 N. Clinton

Great Steak & Potato

Lansing Mall

Ha

• Replies 9
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The Chi-Chi's on West Saginaw just west of the Lansing Mall is now a Cheeseburger Paradise, I believe.

The former spot of Schlotzsky's at 206 S. Washington Square is now an a vacant building currently under renovation into lofts with groundfloor retail.

The A&W at 3200 S Cedar isn't Jims Backyard BBQ anymore, that closed about 2 or 3 years ago and its a tax agency now. The Baskin Robins in Frandor was in the completely enclosed part that was razed for the rennovation a few years ago. The Big boys on S Cedar is now some sort of Chinese resturaunt. There is an Old Little Cesars at 1623 S Washington that is now abandoned, it closed several years ago. Also you left out Hot N Now, the one on S Cedar and Waverly are Twisters Ice Cream and the one on Larch is abandoned still, I'm not sure about any others.

Hood, that former Little Caesars at Washington and Barnes went through a wild series of tenants about 5-8 years ago before closing for good. Over the span of about 2 years it was a pizza joint, hair salon, and a small church (or church organizational building).

• 2 weeks later...

NO WAY...all the A&W & Big Boy locations have shut down?

Born & raised in MI, haven't been home in years, used to love going to those places. Although, the only good A&W location left was the one that's in Grand Ledge (or far west Lansing), the rest of them went to hell in a handbasket. I can't believe Big Boy went out of business. I still have a bunch of Detroit Tiger promotional stuff I collected as a kid from eating there. That sucks!

Also Arthur Treachers had a location on S. Logan St., that went out of business also. That was another great place.

There are a few A&W's around, all have decent buildings, but they are small, and some are not in ideal locations. I think they did all together close for awhile and the ones around now are all newer, but I'm not too sure. All the Big Boys around Lansing have closed, except for one in Mason, and there may or may not be some in the outlying areas such as Grand Ledge, Charlotte, ect...

NO WAY...all the A&W & Big Boy locations have shut down?

There're still a few A & W's in the Lansing area. These are the ones I know of that are still open:

* Mason

* Grand Ledge

* 4919 W. Saginaw Hwy.

* 427 E. Oakland St.

* Meridian Mall

Also, I think there used to be a KFC/A & W/Long John Silvers combo somewhere in the Cedar St. area; apparently A & W was short lived there. Can anyone confirm this?

As for Big Boy... Charlotte, Mason, and Okemos (University Park Dr.) are the only three in the Lansing area.

Archived