Get Em N Go.

I was home visiting last March and felt the uncontrolable urge for a 1/4pound olive burger and some super-soggy fries. Unbeknownst to me, the Plainfield Get Em N Go had been SHUT DOWN! Now... i thought this was just the case with that one, but now I'm hearing that the whole chain might have closed???

IS THIS TRUE?!?!?!!!

• Replies 20
  • Created
  • Last Reply

For my money, nothing could beat the greasy speldor of a Mr. Fables "Fab" with a side of batter-dipped onion rings...Oooooohhhh, my arteries...

From what I understand, the local Weddy's franchise owner bought up the chain and the name to kill the competition.

I know that if you get inspected and you fail a critical the place goes on "lock down," and they place this nice bright sticker on entraces saying: "The food here is bad, we found the workers cooking without good temps, rat dropings, other various bodily fluids. Go to Mickey D's or something!" The one on Division and 36 had a nice bright red sticker on it. :dontknow:

what a let-down. best fast food chain in MI. I guess that title now would have to go to Halo Burger.

i agree with you there :) Had it last week. 1/4 pound burger with everything, exept the olives

never had Get Em N Go, though

What's a Halo Burger and where do I get one?

it's a Flint Chain. They make e'm really greasy and dripping with cholesterol, just how we michiganders like it! All the of the restaurants look like churches and they're usually pretty ghetto.

Want an experience you won't forget? Downtown Flint, Saginaw Street at night... Halo Burger. I have some pretty weird stories about that place.

They make a great Olive Burger, but nothing compared to Get Em N Go.

I especially miss GnG's soggy-soggy french fries. Everyone in Japan likes 'em crispy.... wtf.

I know that if you get inspected and you fail a critical the place goes on "lock down," and they place this nice bright sticker on entraces saying: "The food here is bad, we found the workers cooking without good temps, rat dropings, other various bodily fluids. Go to Mickey D's or something!" The one on Division and 36 had a nice bright red sticker on it. :dontknow:

If you get an inspection, and get criticals in Kent County. They give you an inspection report and you get one week to fix it. They'll do a one week follow up. If you repeatedly fail criticals you have to go before a compliance panel. If the county shuts you down, you've either A. thru gross neglegance and mismanagement, deserve to get shut down because you are putting the public at risk. Or B. Really pissed off your health inspector. To get shut down It can take weeks. Unless the place is in a serious unsanitary state.

Critical health violations can range from employees not wearing gloves, to not having proper functioning equipment, or even putting chemicals to close to food. So it's always hard to tell what a place is shut down for so many things can come into play.

If you get an inspection, and get criticals in Kent County. They give you an inspection report and you get one week to fix it. They'll do a one week follow up. If you repeatedly fail criticals you have to go before a compliance panel. If the county shuts you down, you've either A. thru gross neglegance and mismanagement, deserve to get shut down because you are putting the public at risk. Or B. Really pissed off your health inspector. To get shut down It can take weeks. Unless the place is in a serious unsanitary state.

Critical health violations can range from employees not wearing gloves, to not having proper functioning equipment, or even putting chemicals to close to food. So it's always hard to tell what a place is shut down for so many things can come into play.

when they come thru we get gold stars and smily faces.

It was at GET EM N GO. The special consisted of something like 10 hamburgers, 6 fries and two large drinks for $8.99 Only served on Sundays.

lol A friend of mine called it "The Lords Supper" cause if it was good enough for God its good enough for me!

Archived