NCB

• Replies 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Ohh, the link is here: Vistas LIVE!

I just caught that vacation NCB, thats gunna' be awesome for you! Tons of places to go and things to see. Reminds me of my move from Texas to Virginia, 3 days long one way. Thats when I passed through New Orleans for the first and only time. I didnt have time to stop because I had to meet that movers in Georgia for a checkpoint on my stuff. But hey, hope you have an awesome time in all the cities! Be sure about that upgraded memory card, youre definitely going to need it!

Just curious... what part of Texas did you live in? Were you born and raised in Texas? Even though Virginia is still part of the south, there is probably a huge cultural difference between it and Texas. Was that hard to get used to at first?

Just curious... what part of Texas did you live in? Were you born and raised in Texas? Even though Virginia is still part of the south, there is probably a huge cultural difference between it and Texas. Was that hard to get used to at first?

I'm guessing Houston? That's just what popped into my head when he said he passed through New Orleans on his way out of Texas, so I thought I-10, and then Houston.

I'm guessing Houston? That's just what popped into my head when he said he passed through New Orleans on his way out of Texas, so I thought I-10, and then Houston.

Yeah, Im from Houston. Im not sure the highway, but at one point it did run through New Orleans.

Yeah, Im from Houston. Im not sure the highway, but at one point it did run through New Orleans.

Ahh yes, Houston, one of my favorite cities in the country! :D If you can throuch the city on an interstate, I'm 99.9% sure it was I-10/I-610. If you came over the Industrial Canal on the high-rise(what the locals call the I-10 overpass of the IC) and you got this view of the skyline:Link, then you came through on I-10. If you kept going, and eventually drove right by downtown, right up along-side the Superdome, then you continued through the city on I-10. However, if you broke off and went through City Park and Mid-City, and didn't get right up alongside downtown, then you went through the central part of the city on I-610, a bypass of downtown.

Ahh yes, Houston, one of my favorite cities in the country! :D If you can throuch the city on an interstate, I'm 99.9% sure it was I-10/I-610. If you came over the Industrial Canal on the high-rise(what the locals call the I-10 overpass of the IC) and you got this view of the skyline:Link, then you came through on I-10. If you kept going, and eventually drove right by downtown, right up along-side the Superdome, then you continued through the city on I-10. However, if you broke off and went through City Park and Mid-City, and didn't get right up alongside downtown, then you went through the central part of the city on I-610, a bypass of downtown.

I-10, that was the one then. I remember being close to the city. Very nice views! Ill have to see if I can find any old pictures and scan them on. Theyre from 1997 guys, pretty old. Ill see if I can go find 'em!

PS- the link is of Vanatge Tower :lol:

Edited by TBurban

TUrban, I really like the Vistas on the James. Richmond is a happening place. I like the winding little "Canal" walk with the little water taxi's their too. What's that called ?

Nice map illustation Nate to and from DC. That's the exact route I took to DC and back. Your "Blue" route going thru Chattanooga and the Appalachains(Shenandoah's)Manassas Gap(No.Va.) is the more "Senic" route IMO. But coming back is definitly the better urban route going thru Richmond, Charlotte, and Atlanta.

Edited by richyb83

TUrban, I really like the Vistas on the James. Richmond is a happening place. I like the winding little "Canal" walk with the little water taxi's their too. What's that called ?

Nice map illustation Nate to and from DC. That's the exact route I took to DC and back. Your "Blue" route going thru Chattanooga and the Appalachains(Shenandoah's)Manassas Gap(No.Va.) is the more "Senic" route IMO. But coming back is definitly the better urban route going thru Richmond, Charlotte, and Atlanta.

Thanks, Richyb83! Vistas will be a cool place once built. Its supposed to be 18 stories and right on the canal with views of the James. The canal boats are well, called canal boats :lol: They run tours up and down the Kanawha Canal, they have president and first lady names, there Mary Washington, etc etc... Pretty cool! They recently finished Riverside on the James I and II, more mixed use towers on the canal. So a lot going on up here, but it sounds like you guys have got a lot going on down there as well! With that Trump International Hotel and Tower! Sheesh, fancy smancy! What I would give for trump to build here :D

but it sounds like you guys have got a lot going on down there as well! With that Trump International Hotel and Tower! Sheesh, fancy smancy! What I would give for trump to build here :D

It's quite a nice tower, IMO. :D

trumpinternationaltower7uf.jpg

67 stories! My gosh thats tall! Our tallest will hopefully soon be Centennial Towers at 50 each, but nothing as famous as yalls Trump Tower :shades:

:lol:

That's definitely one tall building. But the Centennial Towers, being 50 floors each is nothing to laugh at!

Edited by SBCmetroguy

:lol:

That's definitely one tall building. But the Centennial Towers, being 50 floors each is nothing to laugh at!

Yeah, the last word about Centennial was saying that they could be up to 50 floors each! But we shall see this June or July. Now back to the Trump Tower, is that a definite go?

TUrban, will the Centinnial Towers be a mixed-use development ?

Yeah, they plan to have a hotel, condos, retail, and office space :thumbsup:

I hope no one minds me posting a rendering of it.

03.jpg

Thats was when they were supposed to be only 25, but after the 50 possible stories announcement, theyve been messing with the rendering, they plan to release it in July. The past three buildings that have or are going/gone up have all been mixed use as well :thumbsup:

Edited by TBurban

Yeah, the last word about Centennial was saying that they could be up to 50 floors each! But we shall see this June or July. Now back to the Trump Tower, is that a definite go?

In terms of approval from the city council and other commities, yes. I believe pre-sales on the tower started selling May 1st, so as of right now, everything is in the hands of Trump and the other developers on the project.

Well to get some disucssion back into this thread, here's an off topic question that just popped into my head.

Do you guys like/use MP3 players? I got my iPod last November, and I absolutely love it. :D

Up until that point, I never seriously thought about buying an MP3 player, and that my trusty portable CD player could never be replaced, but I ended up shelling out the $300 for an iPod, and now it has around 1000 songs and 1,500 photos on it, and it goes everywhere.

Well to get some disucssion back into this thread, here's an off topic question that just popped into my head.

Do you guys like/use MP3 players? I got my iPod last November, and I absolutely love it. :D

Up until that point, I never seriously thought about buying an MP3 player, and that my trusty portable CD player could never be replaced, but I ended up shelling out the $300 for an iPod, and now it has around 1000 songs and 1,500 photos on it, and it goes everywhere.

I've really considered one but I haven't yet. So far I've been putting my money into camera items or saving up for my trip out west in about a month. But I imagine I'll eventually get one.

I've really considered one but I haven't yet. So far I've been putting my money into camera items or saving up for my trip out west in about a month. But I imagine I'll eventually get one.

That's the beauty of MP3 players now. A few years ago, they were all very expensive, but now you can get some decent one's for less than $20. It all depends on what kind of memory and features you want. :thumbsup:

BTW Rod, where are you planning on going out West? Any major cities?

That's the beauty of MP3 players now. A few years ago, they were all very expensive, but now you can get some decent one's for less than $20. It all depends on what kind of memory and features you want. :thumbsup:

BTW Rod, where are you planning on going out West? Any major cities?

Wow, guess I hadn't realized they had come down that far in price. As far as my trip it doesn't really look like it. I'll be near Albuquerque the day I drive in but the next morning I'm heading out with some familiy and we're going to hit several national Parks in southern Utah. Looks like taking some more 'urban' western pics will probably have to wait till my fall trip. I do have some small Colorado mining towns that I went to last fall that I never posted before. But not any big cities or anything like that.

Mith242, have you ever been to those southern Utah National Parks before ? I had the chance to drive out West once before. Zion Nt'l Park was an unbelievable must-see, right up there with the Grand Canyon. Hope you enjoy your trip !

Edited by richyb83

Mith242, have you ever been to those southern Utah National Parks before ? I had the chance to drive out West once before. Zion Nt'l Park was an unbelievable must-see, right up there with the Grand Canyon. Hope you enjoy your trip !

The only one I've been to was Canyonlands Natl Park. But that was a bit more eastern than southern I think. The bad thing is that there are so many to see there. :lol: I get the impression a week just isn't going to be enough to see them all. Zion also appears to be the furthest away and I'm not sure whether I'll have the time to make it over to that one. But I really hope to. Zion and Bryce are the ones you always hear about.

Hope you enjoy your trip, Rod! I'm probably going on a pretty big trip up to D.C. in June. I "profiled" it on the first page of this thread. I haven't been out West in a long time. The The furthest west I've gone in the last few years is to Katy,TX, just west of Houston. That really needs to change soon! :D

Hope you enjoy your trip, Rod! I'm probably going on a pretty big trip up to D.C. in June. I "profiled" it on the first page of this thread. I haven't been out West in a long time. The The furthest west I've gone in the last few years is to Katy,TX, just west of Houston. That really needs to change soon! :D

I guess I missed the beginning part of this topic. When are you going in June? I'm heading out around the last week of June for my trip.

I guess I missed the beginning part of this topic. When are you going in June? I'm heading out around the last week of June for my trip.

As it looks now, I would be leaving June 16, and would be back on June 26 or 27.