Lagniappe

NCB

• Replies 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Im sure Im not the only one awaiting this, but the 2006 Hurricane Report is to be released soon. I wonder what we're in store for :unsure:

Yea, it's supposed to be a busy season this year. Though if there is any good news for people on the Gulf Coast, it is that with La Nina ending, it looks like more storms could be headed up the Eastern Seaboard than entering the Gulf. I hate to wish hurricanes on anyone, but the Gulf Coast, especially Louisiana and Misssissippi, really needs a break.

And Florida is still lickin' it's wounds from a bad 2004 season where 4 hurricanes battered them. And where 2004 spared the Miami metro area, Wilma in 2005 took care of that.

I read somewhere that there would be a 60% chance of a Hurricane making landfall anywhere in between Mobile and Brownsville TX.

I would never wish a storm on anybody, but one year a Hurricane hit the most desolate place on the Gulf Coast and least populated county in Texas. Kenedy County is a large county in south Texas with a pop. of only 414 . So if I had a remote control to push a button, that would be a prime candidate for a Hurricane. Unfortunatly I do not, so I wont be suprised if the coastal sections ar not sweatin' bullets sometime during this season.

And Florida is still lickin' it's wounds from a bad 2004 season where 4 hurricanes battered them. And where 2004 spared the Miami metro area, Wilma in 2005 took care of that.

I read somewhere that there would be a 60% chance of a Hurricane making landfall anywhere in between Mobile and Brownsville TX.

I would never wish a storm on anybody, but one year a Hurricane hit the most desolate place on the Gulf Coast and least populated county in Texas. Kenedy County is a large county in south Texas with a pop. of only 414 . So if I had a remote control to push a button, that would be a prime candidate for a Hurricane. Unfortunatly I do not, so I wont be suprised if the coastal sections ar not sweatin' bullets sometime during this season.

Im worried myself, even being all the way up here, still a nice chance for a decent hurricane to make landfall. God forbid, anything happens down there, Ill be here all year long keeping in touch with you guys :thumbsup:

BTW, thanks for the info on the hurricane season this year richyb83 :D

Thanks TUrban, I(we)will be looking in your direction too. I know the Outer Banks/Cape Hatteras have been battered by Hurricanes in the past. And usually on that path Norfolk is not too far from the line of fire. I know Richmond gets some strong squalls from those storms too. Is Richmond about a 100 miles inland ?

Years ago, I can remember Hugo causing damage as far inland as Charlotte NC with 100 mph winds !

We can just hope and pray for the best this coming season.

Edited by richyb83

Thanks TUrban, I(we)will be looking in your direction too. I know the Outer Banks/Cape Hatteras have been battered by Hurricanes in the past. And usually on that path Norfolk is not too far from the line of fire. I know Richmond gets some strong squalls from those storms too. Is Richmond about a 100 miles inland ?

Years ago, I can remember Hugo causing damage as far inland as Charlotte NC with 100 mph winds !

We can just hope and pray for the best this coming season.

Yeah, we got hit pretty hard with Gaston last year. In Shockoe Bottom, they received flood waters of over 13, get ready for this, feet! Theyre all recovered though, so this year we are crossing our finger on it, because many of the shops and restaurants down there have threatened to leave if it happens again. I wouldnt blame 'em. But here in Richmond (youre right richyb83 around 100 and some miles :thumbsup: ) from the coast, we've gotten around the remains of 3 or 4 storms last year, even getting some that had hit you all and Florida. So hopefully this season wont be the worst for all of our sakes.

Here's something that would fit well in an off-topic forum:

What kind of music are you guys into?

I'm a big fan of Modern and Classic Rock, Rap, Jazz,(especially New Orleans Jazz) some Country, some Zydeco, as well as some Techno. :D

Nowadays I listen to a little of everything it seems. It's hard for me to say if I even have any favorite styles anymore. It seems to have more of what kind of mood I'm in. But I have noticed I also tend to listen to more weird music than most people. Overall I guess I don't listen to a lot of pop music. :D

Nowadays I listen to a little of everything it seems. It's hard for me to say if I even have any favorite styles anymore. It seems to have more of what kind of mood I'm in.

It seems to be this way with me too, though I normally just shift through the genre's I mentioned as my favorites. But I've got thousands of different songs to scroll through on my computer, mostly on iTunes.

I also listen to jazz when I need peace and quiet, well I guess not too quiet :lol:

That's when I like to listen to Jazz too. It always helps me relax. :D

I guess my previous post wasn't very fun, I didn't list anything at all. I'll just list the four cds I've listened to most recently. Alison Krauss and Union Station: Live, Orbital: Middle of Nowhere, Yoko Kanno: Ghost in the Shell - Stand Alone Complex Soundtrack, and the Samurai Champloo Soundtrack.

I have a very eclectic collection of music. :D But yes she does have a wonderful voice. Brian I don't see any mention of your music on here yet. :whistling:

I hadn't even noticed until just now. I'll have to go back and read this thread and see exactly what we're talking about. :lol: I know we're talking about music... but I'll go back and read and then respond.

Edited by SBCmetroguy

I can listen to almost any genre. When I was a street thug, my favorite song was Gangsta's Paradise. When I was into deep, dark metal and industrial, my favorite bands were Type O Negative (I still love them,) Marilyn Manson, and Nine Inch Nails. My favorite regular metal bands are Metallica, Megadeth, Pantera, etc. Country is also a favorite of mine.

Same here. I had no idea they could be bought so cheap!! I've always considered buying one, because I love the concept, but always assumed they were pretty pricey.

It really depends on what you want to invest in. I went ahead and bought an iPod, and I can put basically any song I ever liked on there. But it also has games, a notes feature, holds photos, a calender and to-do list, etc. If you don't need that stuff, then you can look into anything that holds 5-10 songs to 10,000+ songs. On the smaller MP3 players, you really just put the songs you're listening to now on there, and change them frequently. While on the larger ones, you can store anything you've ever liked. There's a wide range of options for you if you're interested in an MP3 player. :thumbsup:

If I was going to get one I'd want to do a little more than just put 5-10 songs on it. I wouldn't want to keep changing it out so much because my musical mood can change quite a bit. But I also don't think I'd need anything real fancy either.

I can listen to any genre.

Okay time to get some polka out. :lol:

If I was going to get one I'd want to do a little more than just put 5-10 songs on it. I wouldn't want to keep changing it out so much because my musical mood can change quite a bit. But I also don't think I'd need anything real fancy either.

Yea, my iPod holds 5000 songs, and thats plenty for me. It's enough so that you don't have to worry about running out of space if you put a song that you only listen to every so often on there. It also holds documents, like word documents and notes, as well as 25,000 photos.

Yea, my iPod holds 5000 songs, and thats plenty for me. It's enough so that you don't have to worry about running out of space if you put a song that you only listen to every so often on there. It also holds documents, like word documents and notes, as well as 25,000 photos.

Yeah see I would have never thought about the photos. That just might come in handy for me. Can you hook up your Canon IS S2 and download pics while you're out and about? That could really come in handy for me. I take so many pics. That could be another option for me instead of just buying yet another memory card.

Yeah see I would have never thought about the photos. That just might come in handy for me. Can you hook up your Canon IS S2 and download pics while you're out and about? That could really come in handy for me. I take so many pics. That could be another option for me instead of just buying yet another memory card.

Well you're not able to use it as a memory card really. You can download the pictures to your iPod once they have been uploaded to your computer from the camera. It's main purpose is for playback and showing your photos to others.

I am kinda like Brian with the music. Can listen to almost every genre, but I don't like country music very much. It has switched around at times listening to some rap or dance music. Soul and Raggae are cool too sometimes. But heavy metal is my roots. Back in the day Pantera was a big-time favorite. Most of the message is just too dark for me. Still one of the best of all time IMO. These past few years my taste have remained the same Trash, HipHop-Hardcore(as heavy as ever). Just with a more postive message. Living Sacrifice(Little Rock); Sinai Beach(RiversideCA) with Facedown Records; one people may be more familiar with P.O.D. They have recently performed on Leno and MTV. And NCAA Final Four commercials too.

Edited by richyb83

one people may be more familiar with P.O.D. They have recently performed on Leno and MTV. And NCAA Final Four commercials too.

I really like P.O.D. :thumbsup: I've got 5 or 6 of their more recent songs on my iPod, but I'm familiar with many more than that.