TBurban

Fishing at the Historic Fort Monroe in Hampton, Va. on the Chesapeake Bay

DSC03162.jpg

DSC03153.jpg

DSC03152.jpg

DSC03148.jpg

DSC03147.jpg

DSC03146.jpg

You can see part of an aircraft carrier to the left on the world's largest naval base at Norfolk

DSC03145.jpg

DSC03144.jpg

Buddy caught a puffer

DSC03142.jpg

DSC03140.jpg

Boat that takes you on a tour of Ft. Wool, which was used during the civil war, that is on a island next to the Hampton Roads Bridge Tunnel

DSC03128.jpg

Behind those houses is a fortress built in the very early 1800's with a moat around it! Next time I'm out there I will get shots of it from inside and out.

DSC03122.jpg

There usually is alot more boats out there but it was very coppy out there.

Bass Pro Shop in Hampton, Va.

DSC03176.jpg

DSC03175.jpg

DSC03173.jpg

DSC03168.jpg

DSC03167.jpg

DSC03165.jpg

DSC03164.jpg

Edited by rusthebuss

^Very nice, rus! I knew they'd been working on the Bass Pro in Hampton about the time they were working on ours and the one in OKC. It looks every bit as nice as you'd expect from Bass Pro! I also like their take on the slogan "Virginia is for Lovers!" :lol:

The puffer fish is cool, too! Having never fished in saltwater before, I don't know how I'd react to catching something so different from the bass and catfish I'm used to. :D

^Very nice, rus! I knew they'd been working on the Bass Pro in Hampton about the time they were working on ours and the one in OKC. It looks every bit as nice as you'd expect from Bass Pro! I also like their take on the slogan "Virginia is for Lovers!" :lol:

The puffer fish is cool, too! Having never fished in saltwater before, I don't know how I'd react to catching something so different from the bass and catfish I'm used to. :D

We caught alot of sea bass and they have some sharp fins! Caught some oyster toads as well. We had a flounder but it got away!

We caught alot of sea bass and they have some sharp fins! Caught some oyster toads as well. We had a flounder but it got away!

Sounds cool, and something I'd like to do. I could have fished in Jamaica a few years back, but there was too much else to do... and the fishing excursions were pretty pricey considering we'd already paid $5,000 for our trip.

The stepfather of my best friend growing up used to go down to the Gulf quite often and was always bringing back shark meat. It always seemed like a lot of fun.

Edited by SBCmetroguy

The full set can be found at my Huntington, WVA Flickr set.

9th Street Plaza

221751112_e93c993a19.jpg

Forms have already been installed for center angled parking. This will leave room for 12-foot sidewalks on each side that will feature outdoor seating, 11-foot travel lanes, and center angled parking. This is north of 4th Avenue but south of 3rd Avenue.

The 9th Street Plaza project is aimed at reconstructing the former pedestrian-only plaza. Cars were reintroduced in the mid-1990's after many businesses complained of loss traffic, which resulted in todays haphazard setup of sidewalks, concrete tree planters, and little parking.

The Frederick

221751117_c6d5dd9c91.jpg

Once known as the Frederick Hotel, it is again seeing new life with extensive renovations that will convert many of its former hotel rooms into apartments and condos.

Awesome shots Jbrown84 and Rested Traveler :thumbsup: Those buildings are gorgeous!

I dont know if you caught Coupe post, but Ashland is 15 miles north of Richmond, still in the metro :thumbsup:

Just a few of Ashland's Historic Homes

DSC04443.jpg

DSC04444.jpg

DSC04450.jpg

DSC04452.jpg

DSC04509.jpg

DSC04472.jpg

All of those pictures look like lots of homes in Columbia, SC.

Please, if you are replying to a post, do not quote all of their images as it makes the page that much longer to scroll through. Just put in a statement, like [snip 4 images]. Thanks :thumbsup:

Actually snipping out the images and denoting it in red is typically my trademark, but I didn't even think to do it in this case. I agree it makes it a pain to scroll through when you quote with all images intact.