Southern Photos of the Day

TBurban

Columbia Metropolitan Convention Center (SC's only downtown convention center)

<image>

Columbia Metropolitan Convention Center has 142,500 square feet.

Located about a mile from downtown Greenville, the Palmetto Expo Center is adjacent to the Greenville Downtown Airport, has immediate Interstate access, and has 368,000 square feet of space, one of the largest in the Southeast. The Palmetto Expo Center is undergoing a major renovation (rendering shown below) which will take the facility to the highest level of quality. :shades:

93229001_5ad288c504_b.jpg

Ummm, Skyliner, this is the Southern Photo of the Day thread, not the Southern Rendering of the Day thread. :thumbsup:

Columbia Museum of Art:

artmuseum.jpg

That is true, Krazee; also, I've been to the Palmetto Expo Center - it is very nice, but no one could confuse its location as being in downtown Greenville. It is located on North Pleasantburg Drive next to the Phoenix Inn, at least a mile, as the crow flies, from downtown, but closer to 2 miles by car.

Here is a picture of the Colonial Center (old name was still on it in the picture) in the Congaree Vista area of downtown Columbia. It is South Carolina's largest arena and seats 18,000 for USC basketball and 19,000 for other events. It is adjacent to the Columbia Metropolitan Convention Center.

colonial%20center.bmp

Here is a picture of the Colonial Center (old name was still on it in the picture) in the Congaree Vista area of downtown Columbia. It is South Carolina's largest arena and seats 18,000 for USC basketball and 19,000 for other events. It is adjacent to the Columbia Metropolitan Convention Center.

colonial%20center.bmp

Impressive. It's no Littlejohn ( :rofl: ), but very attractive indeed

Wow, I thought that was a Katrina photo there for a moment.

I was thinking that too at first glance. Interesting area.

Great shots Nate. I was curious, do you have a color version of that last shot? I do like it as B&W but I was also curious what it would look like in color also.

Great shots Nate. I was curious, do you have a color version of that last shot? I do like it as B&W but I was also curious what it would look like in color also.

I sure do:

img3509border5ut.jpg

I like to color version too, but I just prefered that photo in B&W.

You guys didn't like my post? :P

A couple from Falls Park in adorable Greenville, South Carolina:

GreenWestEnd_01.jpg

I wish the city or whoever would market the West End, Worth the Stroll "campaign" better. I love that sign hanging, i just wish more such things were throughout the West End on Main and Augusta Streets.