Southern Photos of the Day

TBurban

Wow Byrde, SBC is right. You took some great shots. The Horsehoe is one of the coolest looking hotels around; that's nice looking riverfront in SBC with the Texas Street Bridge. The lighting is done right.

Nice shot monsoon That's some pretty water and the rock cliff is awesome. The Palmetto State is some kind of diverse.

Thats an awesome photo, Metro.m. How big is that lake? It must be pretty big in order to get that boat in it enough for it to be of actual use. That water looks clear, too, is that a clearwater lake?

I love shots of buildings, Nate. The perspective on that shot is awesome. Very nice, fellas :thumbsup:

One of my moving night shots of Richmond from the James River Bridge.

DSC01660.jpg

Yes, awesome shot, monsoon! Jocassee is my favorite lake in SC, and is definitely one of the most beautiful in the nation. TBurban, the lake is extremely deep and is fed by mountain streams that spill down into the deep pool. Such a nice place and I am glad it was created. Devil's Fork State Park is a great place to visit if you're interested in a mountain lake getaway. For more info about the park and the lake, check out this site. :thumbsup:

Edited by Skyliner

Great shots yall !

Way to represent Nate with Louisiana's tallest skyscraper.

Richmond has a very impressive skyline with a pretty river.

Great shots of vibrant Greenville. The falls in the middle of the city sure is awesome. Next time I'm ever in the area, that will be a must stop.

I really like the Vegas-style hotel in Lake Charles. Looking forward to seeing the addition built in the near future.

Thanks SBCmetroguy. The Arsenal Hill in Columbia is home to the city's oldest neighborhood (the SC Governor's mansion is located in this neighborhood) and is so-called because it was used as an arsenal during the Civil War.

That's cool information. I figured it had some reference to the Civil War, as I believe does ours. The fact that the governor's mansion is there is really cool. I bet that's one impressive neighborhood.

That's cool information. I figured it had some reference to the Civil War, as I believe does ours. The fact that the governor's mansion is there is really cool. I bet that's one impressive neighborhood.

It is, it's my favorite in Columbia. Nice Charleston-style single homes and other more modest types overlooking the city's signature center city park.

Three photos from the French Quarter:

Plenty of urbanity in this shot looking down Dauphine Street towards downtown

IMG_7196.jpg

Looking up Orleans Street, my home for nearly two decades

IMG_7191.jpg

Looking down Royal Street towards downtown

IMG_7215.jpg

I love all the pictures I see of New Orleans. I'm going to have to visit in the near future. I hear they have a great alternative lifesyle scene.