Southern Photos of the Day

TBurban

Richmond really has a nice skyline. I would love to see a unique signature tower with a spire added to the mix though. :thumbsup:

One more from beautiful Main Street Greenville:

MainStreet_28b.jpg

Greenville seems so beautiful. And look how well-dressed that guy is. Sure it's casual... but business casual, not blue jeans and a baseball cap like I wear. :)

Where are your hardcore gangstas and such? I'm guessing there aren't many of them there. Sounds like paradise if you ask me. I love my city, but I wish I felt safe walking around it at night like people can do in Greenville.

Edited by SBCmetroguy

Greenville seems so beautiful. And look how well-dressed that guy is. Sure it's casual... but business casual, not blue jeans and a baseball cap like I wear. :)

Where are your hardcore gangstas and such? I'm guessing there aren't many of them there. Sounds like paradise if you ask me. I love my city, but I wish I felt safe walking around it at night like people can do in Greenville.

These guys sure do help:

DowntownCops_01.jpg

While crime can happen anywhere, Greenville takes safety seriously and does a fantastic job of protecting the most important areas of business/tourism. I love being able to walk all over the CBD without worrying the least about being mugged. This is definitely not the case in most cities I've been to. Our main problem these days seems to be white collar crime, but if you visit West Greenville (dotted with old textile mill villages), you'll find the slums every city has. Fortunately, much of that area is being redeveloped into new business, creative, and residential communities.

You can wear whatever you want here as well, though don't be surprised to see well-dressed business professionals because of the high concentration of international businesses and headquarters. There are always conferences and seminars happening for these places. ;)

I'm going to get around to visiting Greenville someday. Maybe when I go to Asheville I'll have to take the drive down to Greenville for a day. I'm not sure when I'll make it over to Asheville, but I've long wanted to visit the Biltmore Estate... so it's on my list. My list is getting longer. :lol:

It's got to be a special thing to know you can walk around downtown without fear of being mugged. That fear is the main reason I haven't walked around my downtown in a while taking photos... not since my last outing. At least on one side of the river it's safe to walk around downtown.

Greenville always looks so charming... I love it.

Great photo's of Richmond. What a nice looking city. I like the terre cota sp? roofs on those older buildings.

Yeah I noticed that as well. It seems Richmond has quite a few terra cotta roofs... seems more like a southwestern thing so I'm quite surprised to see so many of them up in Richmond.

Great shot NCB! Wow! The upper-deck is way up there. :shades: Nothing like a Saturday night at Tiger Stadium. The BR skyline looks cool from a couple miles away.

Agreed... very impressive shot.

I absolutely LOVE that shot of the Baton Rouge skyline, Nate! :w00t:

Greenville hosted the first annual Southern Exposure festival last weekend, and while I didn't have a camera in hand to take photos for this thread, you can enjoy a few pages worth from this site. It was an awesome festival highlighting the best cuisine, wine, and music from across the nation. I anticipate it will grow over the years. Well worth the look! :thumbsup:

I absolutely LOVE that shot of the Baton Rouge skyline, Nate! :w00t:

Greenville hosted the first annual Southern Exposure festival last weekend, and while I didn't have a camera in hand to take photos for this thread, you can enjoy a few pages worth from this site. It was an awesome festival highlighting the best cuisine, wine, and music from across the nation. I anticipate it will grow over the years. Well worth the look! :thumbsup:

Very cool set of photos, Skyliner. Looked like a neat festival.

Mr. Monroe, Richmond

DSC05446.jpg

Hey that looks pretty familiar. Looks like you had better weather than I did in my pics that I've posted here on UP.

Keeping the Arkansas theme going here's a couple of pics from the Bikes Blues and BBQ Festival going on here in Fayetteville. In only it's 6th year it's manage to become the third biggest bike rally behind Sturgis and Daytona. Over 100,000 bikes and attendance around 300,000 to 350,000. This is taken along Dickson St, one of three venues taking place in Fayetteville.

bbb01re4.jpg

bbb02kh8.jpg

Edited by Mith242