Southern Photos of the Day

TBurban

Here are a few more scenes from around the Crescent City: ;)

IMG_6931border.jpg

IMG_6934border.jpg

IMG_7212border.jpg

BTW guys, if you're wondering why there aren't many people in any of the recent photos I've been posting, it's because all of these photos were taken early on a Saturday morning, while most of the locals and tourists are still asleep. Personally, it's my favorite time to enjoy the city. :thumbsup:

As always, those are spectacular photos, Nate! :thumbsup:

Here are a few more from downtown Greenville at night:

images snipped

Man, I love these... especially the first photo! And I'm so jealous that you can safely get urban photos at night in Greenville. I see no bums sleeping by the buildings or anything, it just looks so clean yet urban at the same time. VERY nice!

Richmond is beautiful, Tommy. And is this a double-decker freeway in this shot?? That and you guys have a gorgeous riverfront. It reminds me a lot of the San Antonio Riverwalk, only newer.

They are good shots :thumbsup: The Downtown Expressway is double decker for a short time close to where it merges with I-95. The picture shows Richmond's Canal Walk, the first phase of which was completed in the late 1990's. Just to the right of his picture, Vistas on the James, an 18-story, 162-unit canal/riverfront condo tower is being built... here's what it'll look like when completed:

2.jpg

Here's one of Tommy's shots showing construction of Vistas

DSC06481.jpg