Southern Photos of the Day

TBurban

Here are some shots of the old graveyard between St. John's Lutheran Church and the Unitarian Universalist Church in Charleston (the latter being the South's oldest such congregation and the oldest church in downtown Charleston):

UUgraveyard.jpg

UUgraveyard2.jpg

UUgraveyard3.jpg

St. John's:

Lutheranchurch.jpg

The Unitarian Universalist Church:

UUchurch.jpg

Are people boycotting this thread these days or what? :huh:

I'm going through the same thing in the West forum. Its only me and gsupstate keeping things going in the pic of the day section. I wish I was back east so people would actually get to see my pics. :angry: I would love to post in the southern section.

This is one of Cadeho's he posted in the Richmond forum but thought I'd share... a night shot of the new Philip Morris USA research and development center in downtown Richmond. They were testing lighting for the building recently:

North face of the building

DSCF1880.jpg

South face

DSCF1864.jpg

Edited by wrldcoupe4

^Wow, that building went up quick! Or maybe I'm thinking about Meadwestvaco. Looks nice, although I wish it was a more vertical structure.

One day you'll have to drive towards Richmond from the east on I-64... this structure is incredibly imposing! It looks really massive. Given the fact that it is an R&D building in the downtown biotech area, more vertical may not have been feasible.

At the Meadwestvaco site, they're still moving dirt around and excavating for the foundation and underground parking levels :thumbsup: It will look like this:

untitledle5.png

It won't be finished till 2009 and the Fed reserve is the background DEFINITELY isn't scaled properly for this rendering :lol:

Edited by wrldcoupe4

That's a beautiful building, Krazee! Love the architecture. I really need to visit Charleston sometime soon, as it reminds me very much of my hometown, though with a very different European history.

Here's another shot from the French Quarter in New Orleans- Royal Street:

DSC_0121border.jpg