Southern Photos of the Day

TBurban

Courtesy of RyanR at RichmondCityWatch

Some Richmond skyline shots after a stormy evening

ryannight1.jpg

ryannight2.jpg

These fotos of Richmond's illuminated skyline are spectacular! Main Street Station all lit up in the foreground of the first shot looks great.

Edited by burt

Amazing. Baseball today in Greenville is what baseball was in Shreveport up until the 90s. It's odd to think that people here stopped supporting local baseball and we allowed our San Francisco Giants farm team to go away... while over in Greenville the crowds are amazing!

I could probably enjoy baseball again if I lived over there, because I wouldn't be one of only 100 people in a stadium that holds a couple thousand or so.

FYI it appears that people are even watching from that row of buildings next to the stadium. Amazing!

Amazing. Baseball today in Greenville is what baseball was in Shreveport up until the 90s. It's odd to think that people here stopped supporting local baseball and we allowed our San Francisco Giants farm team to go away... while over in Greenville the crowds are amazing!

I could probably enjoy baseball again if I lived over there, because I wouldn't be one of only 100 people in a stadium that holds a couple thousand or so.

FYI it appears that people are even watching from that row of buildings next to the stadium. Amazing!

If Richmond doesn't do something about a new stadium soon, Atlanta's top triple A team may switch initials from R and become the G Braves!

Greenville pictures always please me. :)

If Richmond doesn't do something about a new stadium soon, Atlanta's top triple A team may switch initials from R and become the G Braves!

Greenville pictures always please me. :)

I would go for that, but it will be virtually impossible to lure the Braves oganization back after the fiasco between their office and Greenville's leaders. It could work if the Braves would be willing to invest some (lots) of their own money in the city. Our "new" franchise has done a phenonmenal job creating the perfect baseball atmosphere and they built this attractive and award-winning ballpark that is laid out on the exact dimensions of the original Fenway Park in Boston. The teamstores are loaded with unique items and gear. It is just major league amenities in a minor league package - and at minor league prices since $5 gets you into the park for a home game. The quality of play is not what the G-Braves provided, but the quality of the baseball atmosphere is world's ahead of what we used to experience out at Municipal Stadium. Check out the videos posted on YouTube.com by GreenvilleDrive. :)

This is a late add for 9-11, but never too old to post. I captured this photo about one year ago and meant to post it on Sept. 11 this year. I intentionally shot the U.S.A. flag with the New York Life sign as a message that we will never forget the day our nation was horrifically attacked and life in NYC was changed forever.

Remember911_02-1.jpg