Southern Photos of the Day

TBurban

Here are a few photos from part of the annual Fall For Greenville street festival in downtown Greenville, South Carolina, which is the largest in the region. I didn't have my camera with me last night, but downtown was packed much like you see in these shots. If you've never participated in the festivities of downtown Greenville, South Carolina, you are missing out on a bit of "Heaven on Main Street" during this three day mega street festival. ENJOY our beautiful city! :)

GvilleCyclingClassic2007_01.jpg

FallForGreenville2007_01.jpg

FallForGreenville2007_02.jpg

FallForGreenville2007_03.jpg

FallForGreenville2007_04.jpg

FallForGreenville2007_05.jpg

In the first shot, those cranes are for the NASCAR Hall of Fame complex (which includes a 16-story tower), and the second one is of the Wachovia complex in the foreground (a new second tallest tower in the city for Wachovia, plus cultural facilities) and the Novare development is in the background (the blue cranes).

And there are 5 more clustered together for the new BofA, Ritz, 210 Trade condo tower, and Epicentre complex. They are all hidden in the first pic (you can barely see one to the right) by the AT&T building.

edit: bad pic but here are 4 of those 5.

85788089.jpg

Edited by Mobuchu

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Greenville SC is one of the most beautiful places i have ever seen through pictures.... I will go there soon.

I second that. RestedTraveler and Skyliner, as well as others, seem very proud of Greenville and they love to show us Greenville as they see it through their eyes. Isn't it charming!? It would seem like a much smaller place but it's really not that small. It's got a LOT going for itself. The downtown looks like the fictional town of Grandview on the TV series Ghost Whisperer, which I really like.