Southern Photos of the Day

TBurban

Thanks, Brent.

Richmond has some great street art, not to mention the innumerable galleries and the Va. Museum of Fine Art currently being doubled in size under the guidance of London architect Rick Mather. Its collections are considered among the finest in the Nation.

I wish there were more fountains around the city.

Incidentally, the "Box Brown" monument is practically across the canal from the Triple Rail Crossing, arguably the only spot in America where three different railroads crossed directly above one another on three levels. The originals were Chesapeake & Ohio; Seaboard Air Line; and The Southern Railway. But mergers in recent years have reduced the names to two -- CSX and Norfolk Southern -- but there are still the three crossings.

Edited by burt

The south side of Charlotte's downtown has really been making strides after it was the north side getting alot of attention over the last decade. Here are some pics of the cranes for the Wachovia campus, Catalyst condo tower, and the Nascar HOF and office tower.

91544494.jpg

91544508.jpg

3 cranes in the background are for the Nascar HOF and office tower.

91544510.jpg

From Wednesday Night's snow event in Greenville, South Carolina...

There were about 2" on the ground in this photo (by the time I went to bed, there were already 4" on the ground and it was still snowing):

2198344849_ecac61caf7_b.jpg

When I woke up the following morning, overnight rain/sleet had packed that 4" down to an icy 3" or so:

2201027442_15bf21936f_b.jpg

But the kids had fun in it late into the afternoon:

2201032678_abcc835a3c_b.jpg

Edited by RestedTraveler

The south side of Charlotte's downtown has really been making strides after it was the north side getting alot of attention over the last decade. Here are some pics of the cranes for the Wachovia campus, Catalyst condo tower, and the Nascar HOF and office tower.

91544494.jpg

91544508.jpg

3 cranes in the background are for the Nascar HOF and office tower.

91544510.jpg

I love seeing all the development going on in Uptown Charlotte. It would be great if they could move faster on the light rail lines though. But, overall, this city is really coming along quickly now.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Here are some "southern photos" I thought I would share... these were taken today in northeast Tennessee either in my lawn, or in the Bristol/Elizabethton, Tennessee area....

On the way to and from Elizabethton today, we snapped these photos... hope you enjoy!

These were taken heading to Elizabethton from Bristol...

elizmay08photo.jpg

elizmay08photo3.jpg

elizmay08photo2.jpg

These were taken headed back to my house in Bristol... these were taken on Highway 394 and Highway 421

bristolmay08photo.jpg

bristolmay08photo2.jpg

bristolmay08photo3.jpg

bristolmay08photo4.jpg

bristolmay08photo5.jpg

AND I took these around the house today....

100_8003.jpg

100_8017.jpg

100_8005.jpg

and one of the house in its spring mode...

100_8011.jpg