What do you live in?

What do you live in?  

55 members have voted

1. 1. What do you live in?

• A single family home (own)
    • An apartment, condo, co-op... (own)
    • An apartment, multi-family home (rent)
    • A single family home (rent)
    • A dorm
    • Your car
    • A cardboard box

• Replies 34
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • 1 month later...

I'm still a renter. I've got a nice rowhouse in Winston-Salem's Brookstown area until December 2004. I was looking at a 1912 rowhouse in West End but it was sold the day after I toured it. Asking price was $204,800. Not bad for a 3 story home in walking distance from Moring Dew Coffee Roasters 4th Street Filling Station and Rubber Soul music venue. Location is very important to me. I have to walk or take a bus everywhere. I don't have a car. :blink:

How old r u when u get your first house and how much u pay for it?

No house yet. Maybe in about 10 years when I'm done with college & have an actual job. Until then I'll be renting an undersized overpriced apartment.

Guest donaltopablo

How do u have 100 or 130 K when you're in your ealry twenties?

I am 26 and I am still a broke student.

Dropped out of college and got a job making more money than I was suppose to make with my college degree :lol: . Industry, location, job demand are big factors. I'm not trying to say dropping out of college is a good idea, in fact I regret not being more serious about it. But if you leave college early and find a well paying job, it's pretty easy to afford a house.

Also, it's not like I had 130K laying around. Look at it this way, a nice one bedroom apartment in Atlanta suburbs is 600 a month, it's 800 or so in an older, close in neighborhood and almost a 1000 in the city. For my 130K hosue I pay a little under 900 a month including taxes, insurance, all of the usual BS.

Live in and own a suburban villa. It's basically a single family home just connected on one side. If you can find the money for the down payment, it's so much better than renting. It was 135.

Also looking to buy and/or develop more properties in South Florida.

• 5 years later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...

Archived