Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Mith242

Pictures around Little Rock

61 posts in this topic

Thought I'd try posting at least one pic. But the rest are going to have to wait. I have some more interesting ones but you'll have to wait for those. :D Don't look too closely because there's some seams but anyway here's a panorama looking at the river from the River Market area.

merge51ss7zz.jpg

Thought I'd try posting at least one pic. But the rest are going to have to wait. I have some more interesting ones but you'll have to wait for those. :D Don't look too closely because there's some seams but anyway here's a panorama looking at the river from the River Market area.

Cool. A panorama of the Rivermarket skyline from the northshore would be great as well. It's really developing its own skyline with 5 mid & high rises built or under construction.

Did you make it to Hillcrest or the Heights? I hope you got to check out that section of town.

Did you make it to Hillcrest or the Heights? I hope you got to check out that section of town.

No afraid not. I left later than I thought. I didn't want to leave quite so early on Mother's Day. I also thought I might head up to Little Rock on Saturday but ended up going to Hot Springs. I'll make it over there one of these days but unfortunately it wasn't on this trip. I'll try to get more pics posted sometime. But I also have quite a few Hot Springs and I also stopped by Altus on the way down and have a few there to post as well.

No afraid not. I left later than I thought. I didn't want to leave quite so early on Mother's Day. I also thought I might head up to Little Rock on Saturday but ended up going to Hot Springs. I'll make it over there one of these days but unfortunately it wasn't on this trip. I'll try to get more pics posted sometime. But I also have quite a few Hot Springs and I also stopped by Altus on the way down and have a few there to post as well.

The Hot Springs pics are excellent.

Okay I'll post another panorama shot. I'm still having bad luck with noticable seams. I guess it's something I need more practice with.

merge51ss8dt.jpg

^Hardly notice the seams. That is such a cool shot!

^Hardly notice the seams. That is such a cool shot!

Thanks, but I still wish I could do a better job and make the seams less noticable. It helps that I scaled down the pics so they weren't quite so large. Anyway I've been mainly focusing on getting my Hot Springs pics up but I'll try to start getting some over here as well. I'll start off with the Acxiom Building. Certainly nice to have some better weather this time compared to the last couple of times I stopped by to take pics. I really liked getting soem of the clouds in the reflections of the buildings.

img8199ss0ei.jpg

img8200ss9gk.jpg

img8201ss3fa.jpg

img8202ss6cg.jpg

img8203ss8az.jpg

img8204ss1nd.jpg

img8205ss8pb.jpg

img8206ss1lv.jpg

img8207ss5tx.jpg

img8208ss9xf.jpg

img8209ss6mi.jpg

Okay time for some more pics. This particular angle was a new place for me to take pics. Hadn't checked out this particular locale for pics the other times I stopped by.

img8211ss6ct.jpg

img8212ss8kh.jpg

img8213ss2ea.jpg

img8214ss1gx.jpg

img8215ss8vf.jpg

img8216ss6vd.jpg

img8224ss8rf.jpg

img8225ss2bj.jpg

img8228ss0ta.jpg

img8229ss0cj.jpg

Great shots. Were these taken from the River Market parking deck?

Great shots. Were these taken from the River Market parking deck?

Yep. I think GSCullum mentioned it before. I've also got some nice shots up here in Fayetteville from the university's parking deck so I though it was finally time to try it out here as well.

Here's anothjer panoramic shot. No seams that I could see this time. Although it does seem to have an odd curvature on the right side of the pic.

merge41ss4bs.jpg

img8206ss1lv.jpg

Amazing pic. It's really good.

You might be interested in http://cloudland.net

Check out the journal.

The photographer is Tim Ernst....probably the most famous Arkansan photographer out there (he mostly does nature scenes). His pics are amazing.

Amazing pic. It's really good.

You might be interested in http://cloudland.net

Check out the journal.

The photographer is Tim Ernst....probably the most famous Arkansan photographer out there (he mostly does nature scenes). His pics are amazing.

Thanks, yeah he's certainly always impressed me. When I was first getting interested in photography I was more interested in nature photography and he was a big reason for it. I imagine he's had some influence on my photography to some degree, although I have a long way to go before I get anywhere as good as him.

Just a couple of Arkansas Territorial Restoration pics before I move back to the more urban areas of downtown.

img8240ss9aj.jpg

img8241ss4lo.jpg

Here's the Stephens Building. Now this was a fun building to take pics of on a day like this. I really liked getting some shots of the reflections of clouds in the blue reflective glass.

img8244ss1tq.jpg

img8245ss7cf.jpg

img8246ss1iq.jpg

img8247ss9mw.jpg

img8249ss4zn.jpg

img8250ss2lg.jpg

img8251ss2ao.jpg

img8252ss4ak.jpg

img8253ss5vi.jpg

img8255ss7db.jpg

Okay time for some more pics as I walk around downtown.

img8256ss6qo.jpg

img8258ss2xf.jpg

img8259ss2rh.jpg

img8261ss0ru.jpg

img8263ss9uk.jpg

img8264ss5qg.jpg

img8265ss3jw.jpg

img8266ss9ii.jpg

img8267ss3tj.jpg

img8268ss9oj.jpg

img8270ss7fz.jpg

img8271ss5ke.jpg

img8273ss4jj.jpg

img8274ss6il.jpg

More downtown pics to come.

Good stuff! I really like the first shot with the Old Pulaski County Courthouse and the Stephens Building. A little bit of the old and new together. Of course it just reminds me that I need to get around to posting my latest photos.

Good stuff! I really like the first shot with the Old Pulaski County Courthouse and the Stephens Building. A little bit of the old and new together. Of course it just reminds me that I need to get around to posting my latest photos.

Thanks for the comments. I need to finish posting all of mine as well. Looking forward to seeing yours too. :D

I was having some problems with my internet yesterday so I'll post some more pics early this morning.

img8274ss6il.jpg

img8276ss9ck.jpg

img8277ss9bx.jpg

img8279ss5wr.jpg

img8280ss2na.jpg

img8281ss4lh.jpg

img8284ss9cm.jpg

img8285ss5ud.jpg

img8288ss4ja.jpg

img8289ss3lk.jpg

The Bank of American Building coming up in the next group of pics.

Awesome, Rod, just awesome. I really wish I'd had time to walk around downtown Little Rock at some point, but I've only driven through many times. Never stopped downtown. Very cool shots, no doubt.

Awesome, Rod, just awesome. I really wish I'd had time to walk around downtown Little Rock at some point, but I've only driven through many times. Never stopped downtown. Very cool shots, no doubt.

Thanks for the comments Brian. Yeah Little Rock has really got some nice things going on. More pics coming soon.

Time for more pics.

img8290ss5kk.jpg

img8291ss8fj.jpg

img8292ss6yt.jpg

img8293ss7cy.jpg

img8294ss1qz.jpg

img8295ss6ir.jpg

img8296ss6ed.jpg

img8297ss5id.jpg

img8298ss6sp.jpg

img8300ss2lw.jpg

img8303ss5il.jpg

img8304ss0sl.jpg

img8306ss3oo.jpg

img8307ss1ze.jpg

More downtown pics coming sometime.

More pics from downtown as I make my way to the River Market area.

img8308ss8nz.jpg

img8310ss4bm.jpg

img8312ss5bg.jpg

img8315ss2op.jpg

img8322ss4vr.jpg

img8326ss6qb.jpg

img8327ss7jz.jpg

img8330ss0bz.jpg

img8333ss3wa.jpg

img8336ss0wh.jpg

img8337ss9cw.jpg

img8339ss5dj.jpg

img8342ss1ds.jpg

img8291ss8fj.jpg

This picture is great. One of the better shots of the BofA building I have seen. I like the way you have shown the surrounding buildings.