Pictures around Little Rock

Thought I'd try posting at least one pic. But the rest are going to have to wait. I have some more interesting ones but you'll have to wait for those. :D Don't look too closely because there's some seams but anyway here's a panorama looking at the river from the River Market area.

merge51ss7zz.jpg

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Thought I'd try posting at least one pic. But the rest are going to have to wait. I have some more interesting ones but you'll have to wait for those. :D Don't look too closely because there's some seams but anyway here's a panorama looking at the river from the River Market area.

Cool. A panorama of the Rivermarket skyline from the northshore would be great as well. It's really developing its own skyline with 5 mid & high rises built or under construction.

Did you make it to Hillcrest or the Heights? I hope you got to check out that section of town.

No afraid not. I left later than I thought. I didn't want to leave quite so early on Mother's Day. I also thought I might head up to Little Rock on Saturday but ended up going to Hot Springs. I'll make it over there one of these days but unfortunately it wasn't on this trip. I'll try to get more pics posted sometime. But I also have quite a few Hot Springs and I also stopped by Altus on the way down and have a few there to post as well.

No afraid not. I left later than I thought. I didn't want to leave quite so early on Mother's Day. I also thought I might head up to Little Rock on Saturday but ended up going to Hot Springs. I'll make it over there one of these days but unfortunately it wasn't on this trip. I'll try to get more pics posted sometime. But I also have quite a few Hot Springs and I also stopped by Altus on the way down and have a few there to post as well.

The Hot Springs pics are excellent.

^Hardly notice the seams. That is such a cool shot!

Thanks, but I still wish I could do a better job and make the seams less noticable. It helps that I scaled down the pics so they weren't quite so large. Anyway I've been mainly focusing on getting my Hot Springs pics up but I'll try to start getting some over here as well. I'll start off with the Acxiom Building. Certainly nice to have some better weather this time compared to the last couple of times I stopped by to take pics. I really liked getting soem of the clouds in the reflections of the buildings.

img8199ss0ei.jpg

img8200ss9gk.jpg

img8201ss3fa.jpg

img8202ss6cg.jpg

img8203ss8az.jpg

img8204ss1nd.jpg

img8205ss8pb.jpg

img8206ss1lv.jpg

img8207ss5tx.jpg

img8208ss9xf.jpg

img8209ss6mi.jpg

Great shots. Were these taken from the River Market parking deck?

Yep. I think GSCullum mentioned it before. I've also got some nice shots up here in Fayetteville from the university's parking deck so I though it was finally time to try it out here as well.

Amazing pic. It's really good.

You might be interested in http://cloudland.net

Check out the journal.

The photographer is Tim Ernst....probably the most famous Arkansan photographer out there (he mostly does nature scenes). His pics are amazing.

Thanks, yeah he's certainly always impressed me. When I was first getting interested in photography I was more interested in nature photography and he was a big reason for it. I imagine he's had some influence on my photography to some degree, although I have a long way to go before I get anywhere as good as him.

Good stuff! I really like the first shot with the Old Pulaski County Courthouse and the Stephens Building. A little bit of the old and new together. Of course it just reminds me that I need to get around to posting my latest photos.

Good stuff! I really like the first shot with the Old Pulaski County Courthouse and the Stephens Building. A little bit of the old and new together. Of course it just reminds me that I need to get around to posting my latest photos.

Thanks for the comments. I need to finish posting all of mine as well. Looking forward to seeing yours too. :D

Awesome, Rod, just awesome. I really wish I'd had time to walk around downtown Little Rock at some point, but I've only driven through many times. Never stopped downtown. Very cool shots, no doubt.

Thanks for the comments Brian. Yeah Little Rock has really got some nice things going on. More pics coming soon.

Archived