Pictures around Little Rock

This picture is great. One of the better shots of the BofA building I have seen. I like the way you have shown the surrounding buildings.

Yeah I got lucky with that shot. There was an opening in the clouds with the light shining on the Bank of America Building. Sometimes you get lucky and are at the right place at the right time. Thanks for the comment skirby. Now here's a few pics around the Arkansas River.

img8344ss6sh.jpg

img8346ss6ae.jpg

img8347ss4ci.jpg

img8348ss0zk.jpg

img8355ss4gk.jpg

img8358ss9pp.jpg

img8359ss8fi.jpg

img8360ss7ew.jpg

img8363ss3lo.jpg

I believe all I mainly have left is the Clinton Library and Heifer International.

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Here's some Heifer International pics. Perhaps a bit abstract for everyone but I was wanting something different.

img8405ss6oq.jpg

img8406ss3ce.jpg

img8408ss0ze.jpg

img8411ss0ze.jpg

img8413ss8jo.jpg

img8414ss0je.jpg

img8421ss0gz.jpg

img8423ss7nz.jpg

img8425ss8af.jpg

img8428ss4is.jpg

img8430ss2tk.jpg

img8433ss3bd.jpg

img8437ss2kt.jpg

img8438ss8wf.jpg

img8440ss2di.jpg

img8442ss0ob.jpg

img8443ss4sk.jpg

img8447ss8lr.jpg

img8450ss7ij.jpg

img8454ss4ho.jpg

Well aside from maybe a few leftover pics, this is it. I've gotten a few of you to comment. Anyone else have any comments? Too many pics maybe? :lol: I guess to some of you guys who live there you're used to seeing most of these buildings.

Here's some Heifer International pics. Perhaps a bit abstract for everyone but I was wanting something different.

Well aside from maybe a few leftover pics, this is it. I've gotten a few of you to comment. Anyone else have any comments? Too many pics maybe? :lol: I guess to some of you guys who live there you're used to seeing most of these buildings.

The pictures were great. I see these buildings alot but looking at someone's pictures provides a different point of view. Your pictures of the Clinton Library and Heifer remind me that LR is lucky to have these buildings next door to each other. Now if only something could be done with the Arkansas Democrat Gazette property that would equal its neighbors.

The pictures were great. I see these buildings alot but looking at someone's pictures provides a different point of view. Your pictures of the Clinton Library and Heifer remind me that LR is lucky to have these buildings next door to each other. Now if only something could be done with the Arkansas Democrat Gazette property that would equal its neighbors.

Ditto.

Oops I missed your comments skirby. Sorry about that. Yeah I find both buildings very interesting on their own as well. I realize they may not suite everyone's taste. But from a photography standpoint I really enjoyed focusing on some of the details. But what makes these even better are what's inside and what they represent. I'm really curious to see what that area of Little Rock will look a decade from now.

Ditto.

Thanks for the comments everyone.

Wonderful pictures, Mith.

The River sure was muddy, usually the Arkansas is a lot bluer.

I wonder what's going on with that sign in front of the LR side of the Junction Bridge. Are those the designs for the redone bridge?

I believe so. I thought I had taken a closer pic of the sign but I can't find it.

Fantastic photos Mith...truly high quality and well composed. I know that the primary factor is the photographer, but what equipment (camera) are you using?

Fantastic photos Mith...truly high quality and well composed. I know that the primary factor is the photographer, but what equipment (camera) are you using?

I've got a Canon S2 IS. I really need to upgrade to digital SLR sometime. I've had pretty good experiances with Canon. Even my old 3.2 MP Canon took some pretty nice pics.

I've got a Canon S2 IS. I really need to upgrade to digital SLR sometime. I've had pretty good experiances with Canon. Even my old 3.2 MP Canon took some pretty nice pics.

I have a new Canon Rebel XT (8MP), but again, its more the photographer than equipment. The shots are fantastic and the lighting is superb. Do you touch these up in Photoshop?

I think these shots are amazing...its not everyday i get to walk through Downtown Little Rock because i live in Russellville...i enjoy seeing different views of Little Rock rather than just seeing the same ole pics that you usually see of Little Rock...great job :thumbsup:

Mith, you're getting lauded all over the place. It's high time you start exposing your craft to wider audiences, perhaps through a career or side job. I'm sure you're already looking into it.

Yeah I'm looking into it. I'm still trying to figure out which way to try to get started.

I think these shots are amazing...its not everyday i get to walk through Downtown Little Rock because i live in Russellville...i enjoy seeing different views of Little Rock rather than just seeing the same ole pics that you usually see of Little Rock...great job :thumbsup:

Thanks for the comments. :D

I have a new Canon Rebel XT (8MP), but again, its more the photographer than equipment. The shots are fantastic and the lighting is superb. Do you touch these up in Photoshop?

No, that's one thing I really don't believe in. None of my pics are ever touched up except for the panoramic shots. And the program I use for that, photostitch, only merges them together. I don't really believe in trying to use software to go back and turn an average pic into a great one. I know a lot of times just doing a few simple things to enhance a photo doesn't change too many things. But I've also seen some pics that were seriously enhanced. I just thought it would be easier to tell people I don't do it at all. I didn't want people thinking it was all the software. Although I really do have to give credit to the equipment itself. Canon really does make some nice cameras. I'd like to sometime upgrade to a Canon Rebel XT.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Archived