Pictures around Hot Springs

Mith242

Didn't quite expect to be in Hot Springs over the weekend. But it worked out that way and I certainly didn't mind being back to take a few pictures. I wanted to get started with a few.

img7919ss6zr.jpg

img7921ss1mx.jpg

img7923ss9mu.jpg

img7926ss4ig.jpg

img7927ss3fa.jpg

img7929ss7yn.jpg

img7931ss8ra.jpg

img7933ss9uy.jpg

img7935ss9bt.jpg

img7936ss8pi.jpg

img7937ss7zb.jpg

img7938ss9wp.jpg

I have more of course. I'll try posting some more sometime this afternoon or evening.

• Replies 37
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Didn't quite expect to be in Hot Springs over the weekend. But it worked out that way and I certainly didn't mind being back to take a few pictures. I wanted to get started with a few.

.images snipped for reply.

I have more of course. I'll try posting some more sometime this afternoon or evening.

Thanks for posting these, Rod. You got some pretty nice shots of the town. I plan on getting some, myself, when I'm up there this coming weekend. Since you've created this thread, once I get mine uploaded I'll just post them here.

Looking forward to seeing the rest of yours in the meantime.

Thanks for posting these, Rod. You got some pretty nice shots of the town. I plan on getting some, myself, when I'm up there this coming weekend. Since you've created this thread, once I get mine uploaded I'll just post them here.

Looking forward to seeing the rest of yours in the meantime.

Hopefully I'll have them all up before you leave, but I'm not sure how long it will take me to get them all up and when exactly you are leaving.

Okay time for some more pics. First are some more downtown pics as I make my way back towards Bathhouse Row. I've also got some around the old Army/Navy Hospital. I remember someone asking about this in another Hot Springs topic. Perhaps it was answered but in case it wasn't I believe the building is now used as a hospital for physically and mentally impaired people. I was allowed to take pics near the entrance inside but no further.

img7941ss9jo.jpg

img7942ss4yx.jpg

img7943ss2fl.jpg

img7945ss1bh.jpg

img7946ss7vv.jpg

img7956ss5vm.jpg

img8057ss8bo.jpg

img8058ss3qu.jpg

img8059ss9fi.jpg

img8060ss6zd.jpg

Coming up sometime soon pics around Bathhouse Row in the Hot Springs National Park area.

Okay here's some shots of Bathhouse Row. In case there are a few of you that aren't familiar with it I'll try to mention a few things. The Bucjstaff is the only one still operating as a bathhouse. The Fordyce is open as a visitor center. The rest are currently being renovated and will be leased out by the government.

img7961ss7oi.jpg

img7963ss1rt.jpg

img7965ss5fg.jpg

img7966ss9be.jpg

img8042ss1at.jpg

img7968ss0dk.jpg

img7969ss8ic.jpg

img7972ss6uq.jpg

img7973ss9wa.jpg

img8035ss7il.jpg

img8036ss2dk.jpg

img8037ss5le.jpg

img7976ss6ex.jpg

img8038ss5bb.jpg

More bathhouse pics to come.

Hopefully I'll have them all up before you leave, but I'm not sure how long it will take me to get them all up and when exactly you are leaving.

I'm leaving early Thursday morning. Don't rush on my behalf, man. :D I can see 'em when I return and just try not to post any duplicates.

Okay here's some shots of Bathhouse Row. In case there are a few of you that aren't familiar with it I'll try to mention a few things. The Bucjstaff is the only one still operating as a bathhouse. The Fordyce is open as a visitor center. The rest are currently being renovated and will be leased out by the government.

img8037ss5le.jpg

img7976ss6ex.jpg

img8038ss5bb.jpg

More bathhouse pics to come.

I hate that I can't find my past Hot Springs photos. I have pictures of the same ceiling and the Hernando DeSoto statue. Very nice shots... yours came out more well-lit than mine did.

Here's a few more pics around bathhouse row including some of the springs. At the end of this group of pics is the only untapped hot spring. Maybe I should also point out the temp of the water is around 143. I am really curious what that untapped spring looks like during cold weather in the winter.

img8045ss3ll.jpg

img7985ss6pa.jpg

img7986ss7uo.jpg

img8008ss5yq.jpg

img8009ss6bv.jpg

img8012ss7lk.jpg

img8014ss6jz.jpg

img8015ss3vi.jpg

Eventually I'll start posting some more pics around the downtown area and also some from scenic overlooks on West Mountain and the Hot Springs Tower.

Ah yes. Beautiful pics.... I see them several times per week :-)

Hot springs is an awsome little city.

Yeah, all of this is 'old news' for you. By the way Johnny feel free to add any info. I'm sure you know a lot more about this buildings than I do. One for example I was curious about the old high school. What's it being used for now and any ideas how old it is?

Okay a few more pics mainly across the street from Bathhouse Row before I move on to the Arlington Hotel.

img7990ss6hx.jpg

img7994ss1sg.jpg

img7995ss4fx.jpg

img7998ss6dy.jpg

img7999ss8ey.jpg

More pics to come, although I might start trying to post some of my Little Rock pics for a little while.

Yeah, all of this is 'old news' for you. By the way Johnny feel free to add any info. I'm sure you know a lot more about this buildings than I do. One for example I was curious about the old high school. What's it being used for now and any ideas how old it is?

I kind of wondered, myself, if it was an active school when I saw your pictures of it. It's a pretty old school building.

I kind of wondered, myself, if it was an active school when I saw your pictures of it. It's a pretty old school building.

I get the impression it's not still being used as a high school. But as to what it's current use is, I can't really say.

I'll tell you what, and it's very evident in your photos, Hot Springs has a lot of nice, old architecture. That's one of the greatest things about that city, is how well-preserved their history is. Even the newer parking deck downtown, built 3-4 years back, was designed to blend in with the historical architecture.

I'll tell you what, and it's very evident in your photos, Hot Springs has a lot of nice, old architecture. That's one of the greatest things about that city, is how well-preserved their history is. Even the newer parking deck downtown, built 3-4 years back, was designed to blend in with the historical architecture.

It's certainly nice to see Hot Springs coming back. Back during the 80's the last time I had been to the area until last year, the city seemed to really be going through a bad period. Things were really looking run down. I'm not positive but it looks like the tourism is doing rather well too. Eureka Springs, another town that relied on the waters in the past seems to be having a decline in their tourism.

Okay here are some shots of the Arlington Hotel and the Medical Arts Building that I skipped over earlier.

img8002ss9hk.jpg

img8003ss2cp.jpg

img8004ss9bf.jpg

img8005ss3nx.jpg

img8007ss6wt.jpg

img8016ss8ul.jpg

img8017ss7ov.jpg

img8018ss0tn.jpg

img8025ss5kd.jpg

img8026ss2wg.jpg

img8032ss9vj.jpg

img8033ss2ru.jpg

I'll post a few more downtown shots, probably sometime tomorrow, then it's to some nice shots from the tower.

Wow, Rod, I expected to see mostly street-level pictures of Bathhouse Row and downtown, but it looks like you really made your way around the city. Good to know. I just assumed you were merely passing through when you took these.

I will definitely take some photos while I'm there, but I plan to spend 75% of my time there this year on a party barge out on Lake Hamilton. Last year I didn't get ot enjoy the water as much as I wanted, as the only day I was able to get out there I got caught in the middle of the lake in a big thunderstorm. Talk about scary. It was me, my wife, and my in-laws. Loads of fun, I tell ya. :)

Wow, Rod, I expected to see mostly street-level pictures of Bathhouse Row and downtown, but it looks like you really made your way around the city. Good to know. I just assumed you were merely passing through when you took these.

I will definitely take some photos while I'm there, but I plan to spend 75% of my time there this year on a party barge out on Lake Hamilton. Last year I didn't get ot enjoy the water as much as I wanted, as the only day I was able to get out there I got caught in the middle of the lake in a big thunderstorm. Talk about scary. It was me, my wife, and my in-laws. Loads of fun, I tell ya. :)

Yeah I spent most of a day there. It was in Little Rock I was mainly passing through. Although I still ended up walking around and taking pics there for three hours as well.

More pics from the tower. Starting with a view of the Zig Zag Mountains near Hot Springs. Yne later pic of the mountain with the antennas on it is West Mountain. That clearing is one of the overlooks. Then the last pic is a zoom on Oaklawn Park.

img8081ss2am.jpg

img8084ss7dr.jpg

img8086ss6qy.jpg

img8089ss8nl.jpg

img8090ss1yy.jpg

img8092ss1do.jpg

img8094ss3ev.jpg

img8095ss9uu.jpg

img8097ss5ck.jpg

img8099ss8pd.jpg

img8100ss0vr.jpg

img8101ss9oi.jpg

img8103ss3zq.jpg

img8104ss2xl.jpg

Just a few downtown pics left that I skipped over earlier.

Archived