Dying Restaurants

insituphoto

• Replies 120
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Supossedly DeVoe Moore used to own this place and sold it to the woman from Thomasville right? Not sure why she's taking her time. I wish she would change her mind about the farmer's market idea and instead bring us an expanded version of Thomasville's CrawDaddies.

I heard that the big issue that was holding them up was getting the brewing equipment out of there.

I heard that the big issue that was holding them up was getting the brewing equipment out of there.

No, the brewing equipment was the first to go... Buckhead took it to their Atlanta area locations (which, coincidentally, also closed this spring).

THe place had some electrical issues... lights always flickered.

Supossedly DeVoe Moore used to own this place and sold it to the woman from Thomasville right? Not sure why she's taking her time. I wish she would change her mind about the farmer's market idea and instead bring us an expanded version of Thomasville's CrawDaddies.

The women that I was told that had bought it owned the place next to the Farmers Market in T-Ville. That is what they told me the last time I ate up there a year ago.

A girl I work with said her Aunt & Uncle, who also own the Market Diner in Thomasville, still had plans to open the same type of restaurant at the old Buckhead Brewery location. She said they were leasing the place from DeVoe Moore but had some financial issues to work out before they could move forward with the Tallahassee location. She said in the meantime, her Uncle & another guy were doing odd jobs inside the place until they got all the financing worked out. She also said her Cousin was going to manage the Tallahassee location for her Aunt & Uncle. Honestly, at this point, I'm not sure if they will ever get the Tallahassee project open if they've already taken this long...just my opinion but geez, how long can it take to work out financing & how are they affording to lease the place from De Voe Moore with no income being generated? :huh:

• 2 weeks later...

I passed by the Durangos Steakhouse today and the sign says it is closed and the location is for lease. This is unfortunate. I really liked Durangos. I know it must have been tough when Logans and Millers Ale House opened, but thats the nature of the business in Tallahassee. Everyone supports the new kid on the block and then after a month, we go back to our old stomping grounds. They should have waited it out. I really believe that why chain stores do so well. They are able to weather the ups and downs of competition. What do you all think????

Durango's had an image/food problem. They made attempts to correct some things, but once you screw up in Tallahassee there's no coming back. People remember and they stay away. Look at the Cross Creek restaurant... its sad everytime I pass that place.

I'll sure miss those Bacon Wrapped Shrimp. That was the only thing they had going for them.

I passed by the Durangos Steakhouse today and the sign says it is closed and the location is for lease.

Any time I ever went to Durango's, it wasn't very busy, which in itself was perk. It was easy to bring large groups there for lunch or dinner. The food was fair in my opinion, not bad, not great. The service was always just at, or slightly less than par.

Durango's had an image/food problem. They made attempts to correct some things, but once you screw up in Tallahassee there's no coming back. People remember and they stay away. Look at the Cross Creek restaurant... its sad everytime I pass that place.

I'll sure miss those Bacon Wrapped Shrimp. That was the only thing they had going for them.

My wife and I went to the Cross Creek restaurant right after we moved to the Buck Lake area. We had really bad service and the food was not good and Cost To Much.

• 2 weeks later...

manna's is gone? the place up on t-ville road? wow.

I think that Manna's was started by one of Early's kids when the Wharf closed down. I guess that they decided to go back to a tried and true format. The Wharf always had the best seafood in town. I'm sorry for all the problems that the Dugger family has had. They are really very nice people.

I think that Manna's was started by one of Early's kids when the Wharf closed down. I guess that they decided to go back to a tried and true format. The Wharf always had the best seafood in town. I'm sorry for all the problems that the Dugger family has had. They are really very nice people.

well i do like seafood... so maybe this isn't such a bad thing. i was not around town when the wharf was open... i'll have to give it a shot.

• 1 month later...

I noticed today that Rally's on North Monroe is out of biz. I've seen the For Sale/Lease sign there for awhile, but wasn't sure if it was for Rally's or the Quick Lube place.

Are the other Rally's still open?

I believe there is one on South Monroe, The Parkway near Gov. Sq., one at Cap. Circle/Mahan an isn't there another one on The Parkway near Cap. Circle?

What's the status of these?

I noticed today that Rally's on North Monroe is out of biz. I've seen the For Sale/Lease sign there for awhile, but wasn't sure if it was for Rally's or the Quick Lube place.

I believe there is one on South Monroe, The Parkway near Gov. Sq., one at Cap. Circle/Mahan an isn't there another one on The Parkway near Cap. Circle?

The one on S Monroe is still open, the one on Cap Circle near Mahan is closed, the one on Tennessee across from the Wal-Mart on the west side is still open, and the ones on the Parkway I'm not sure of.

The one on S Monroe is still open, the one on Cap Circle near Mahan is closed, the one on Tennessee across from the Wal-Mart on the west side is still open, and the ones on the Parkway I'm not sure of.

• 8 months later...

I noticed the rotissiere chicken place next to Ming Tree is gone. The sign out front has "Thanks for 15 great years" (paraphrasing). When did it shut down?

It seems like some of the long term restaurants are closing. Nicholson's Farmhouse, El Chicos, etc. Could Silver Slipper be next?

I noticed the rotissiere chicken place next to Ming Tree is gone. The sign out front has "Thanks for 15 great years" (paraphrasing). When did it shut down?

It seems like some of the long term restaurants are closing. Nicholson's Farmhouse, El Chicos, etc. Could Silver Slipper be next?

Archived