Dying Restaurants

insituphoto

Since this thread has been revived, I just want to say that I miss Manna's. I may never have gone there had I not bought the owner's house (the Dugger son who was Manna's chef). It was one of those places that was special and unique to Tallahassee. For the year that it remained open after we moved back, we made a point of taking all of our out-of-town guests there. A local establishment with good service and great food.

Wasn't it once a Fuddrucker's at that location?

I haven't been to the Wharf since its previous incarnation, as I am not a seafood lover.

• Replies 120
  • Created
  • Last Reply

How can you live in Florida and not like Seafood!?! :shock: J/k! I remember old Fuddruckers! We moved here from California when I was a little child and my family was big on that place. I never had the huge burger, only the Chicken Fingers, but that sure was a fun restaurant! :)

As we bemoan the closing of some our restaurants, let us not forget some of our fine local restaurants that have been with us for quite some time...

This is by no means a complete list (mostly the places I frequent :whistling: )but they are worthy of our continued support!

Kool Beanz

Hopkins

Cypress

Kitcho's

Old Town Cafe

Po Boys

Gordo's

La Fiesta

Far East Cuisine

Jenny's Lunchbox

Cabo's

Jasmine's

Samrat

Fat Sandwich

Bella's

Decent Pizza

On a lighter note... anyone hear anything about Rally's and their survival in our market or lack there of? I've noticed many of the stores I used to visit are gone... Monroe St and CCNE. I've noticed people on the Parkway this week waving Rally's signs for attention. Is this a new marketing tactic? If so, they should be wearing a big burger body or cup... because standing outside wearing all black when its 100 degrees outside can't be at all comfortable.

• 3 months later...

Well, I've been under a rock lately - I don't know why I decided to finally finish my degree and take a full courseload at the age of 40, but I digress - and thought I'd venture out for lunch. Decided to swing by Backyard Burger on Apalachee Pkwy, only to discover that it is empty and the signage is gone. What happened?! I'm so bummed! I didn't see anything on the forum about it and the search tool is acting up, so please forgive me if someone has already posted info about it. But WHHHHYYYYYY!!!!!

Well, I've been under a rock lately - I don't know why I decided to finally finish my degree and take a full courseload at the age of 40, but I digress - and thought I'd venture out for lunch. Decided to swing by Backyard Burger on Apalachee Pkwy, only to discover that it is empty and the signage is gone. What happened?! I'm so bummed! I didn't see anything on the forum about it and the search tool is acting up, so please forgive me if someone has already posted info about it. But WHHHHYYYYYY!!!!!

Although I am Happy we are getting a Kinkos (they are cheaper than the copy places we have now) I was hoping this would be one of the new Dunkin Donuts. Perhaps the other old donut place across the street will be a DD. Since I live so close to eather of these, it would be nice to walk to.

Although I am Happy we are getting a Kinkos (they are cheaper than the copy places we have now) I was hoping this would be one of the new Dunkin Donuts. Perhaps the other old donut place across the street will be a DD. Since I live so close to eather of these, it would be nice to walk to.

• 3 months later...

^On my way home from Publix last night the old Taco Bell was gone, completely demolished. Yeah the old Dunkin Donut's building was a missed opportunity. The check cashing store that moved in there was located next door and now that building is for lease.

I don't know about that. A kinkos in the right spot is busy 24/7. You've got folks making copies, but you've also got mailing services, computer access, all that. One I used to go to in Atlanta all the time was sort of like a coffee house without the coffee. It depends on who all winds up using it. Plus, they keep their properties up and shining.

• 5 weeks later...

Archived