Dying Restaurants

insituphoto

• Replies 120
  • Created
  • Last Reply

UrbanPlanet Brought it First:

missnic said February 4, 2008:

Have there been any rumors to Roadhouse or Barnhills closing down? I know they both filed chapter 11, and recently closed their Jax locations.

I like Roadhouse on occasion, and it would definitely be a bummer if they closed. Barnhills... eh.

bhdr said:

Oh no I love the Roadie steaks. Thats my favorite in town. I hope this isn't true.

Florida said:

Roadhouse looks vulnerable. Seems like business is soft over there.

mattcfsu28 said:

My wife, son and I ate at Roadhouse on Saturday night and it was pretty packed. I think they get good crowds; especially the college kids.

belch said:

If this is true about Roadhouse and they close, were in the world will we be able to get the Roadie from (the Roadhouse steak, it's really good).

Florida also said:

Maybe its just when I pass that they look "soft" on foot traffic. I ought to give them a second chance if their steak is as good as you say it is. Did we ever discuss whether this place was better than Logan's Roadhouse or not?

----------------------------------------------------

It is truly sad to see this place go. Isn't this where The Mill used to be?

UrbanPlanet Brought it First:

missnic said February 4, 2008:

Have there been any rumors to Roadhouse or Barnhills closing down? I know they both filed chapter 11, and recently closed their Jax locations.

I like Roadhouse on occasion, and it would definitely be a bummer if they closed. Barnhills... eh.

bhdr said:

Oh no I love the Roadie steaks. Thats my favorite in town. I hope this isn't true.

Florida said:

Roadhouse looks vulnerable. Seems like business is soft over there.

mattcfsu28 said:

My wife, son and I ate at Roadhouse on Saturday night and it was pretty packed. I think they get good crowds; especially the college kids.

belch said:

If this is true about Roadhouse and they close, were in the world will we be able to get the Roadie from (the Roadhouse steak, it's really good).

Florida also said:

Maybe its just when I pass that they look "soft" on foot traffic. I ought to give them a second chance if their steak is as good as you say it is. Did we ever discuss whether this place was better than Logan's Roadhouse or not?

----------------------------------------------------

It is truly sad to see this place go. Isn't this where The Mill used to be?

I appreciated all the suggestions in that thread, but next time I'm in Tallahassee, I plan to keep it a bit more upmarket. Right now I'm thinking dinner at the Golden Pheasant, followed by drinks at Spartan Restaurant. After a night at the Governor's Inn, I'll start off with an early lunch at the Chez Pierre on Adams Street, followed by dinner at Angelo's on Monroe or Jacques' Upper Crust by the Winn Dixie out on Thomasville Road. I'll probably be stuffed by the next day, so I'll start off easy with an Icee from the JR Food Store (or Suwanee Swifty out on the "truck route" if JR is out of my flavor). For dinner I'll probably go ethnic with dinner at Garcia's or save my wallet a bit of hurt by doing Morrison's Cafeteria in Tallahassee Mall (parking at the Gayfers of course and maybe picking up a rake and fertilizer at Zayre's on the way out...but perhaps I should hold off and get that stuff at Scotty's or 84 Lumber instead). There's this book I've been meaning for my friend to read, so I might swing by the public library at Northwoods Mall and say hi to Ms. Lucy Ho at her oriental grocery shop there. Maybe even pick up a gift for my mom at Reinhauer's. Leaving town the next day, I'll keep it simple - Quincy's by I-10 or a sub from the deli at Food 4 Less. Then it'll be off back to Raleigh/Durham via Eastern Airlines flying out of Tallahassee Municipal Airport. Or maybe I should take Piedmont?

I remember a couple of nights before Rooster's opened, the owner's previous place (Sid's) had a mysterious fire in a storage room. At that time there was a fire station a few blocks away and the the firefighters arrived in record time to quickly extinguish the blaze saving the building. Strangely enough, it burned completely to the ground the next night!

When Rooster's burned down the State Fire Marshal investigators set up their mobile command post on site for a month and couldn't get enough evidence to press charges.

Archived