Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

cityboi

$84 Million Hospital Planned for Kernersville

10 posts in this topic

Good news for K-Vegas! This new hospital will create 300 new jobs which is even better news for Forsyth Co.

This is definitely needed in the area. As thick as this area is getting and with the new development headed that way this is good news! Woo Hoo for K-Vegas and Forsyth Co.

:yahoo:

The rendering for FMS-Kernersville reminds me of Presbyterian Hospital in Matthews

presby.jpg

Getting hospitals approved is a very difficult process especially considering consolidation and contraction of hospitals in smaller markets. They are very few attempts at re-approval in this process.

i can see where this proposal might be a little ahead of its time. K-ville is growing no doubt, but something of this size may not be needed right now. maybe in 10 years?

The state has now signed off on Forsyth's request to build a 50 bed hostpital in Kernersville. A site has been selected off Macy Grove Rd east of NC 66 close to I-40! Previous employment numbers and construction costs are still apllicable.

WSJ article about K'ville Hospital

Here's a rendering:

header.jpg

This is great for the Kernersville area!

Here's a map showing where the new hospital will be located in relation to both counties:

hospitalEnlarge.gif