Steele Creek Area expansion

charlkitty83

Most of everyone here probably knows that the Steele Creek area is expanding quickly, and that the intersection of Hwy. 49 & 160 is getting RiverGate with a SuperTarget, Petsmart, Marshalls, Best Buy, and the already open Home Depot. I live about 2 miles north of the intersection and I've noticed over the past two years, that we are just getting a lot more traffic and more people moving to Southwest Charlotte.

So, my question is....with all this expansion and the new shopping center probably opening this summer, wouldn't it make sense to extend a bus line all the way to the shopping center? Most specifically Windsong Trails and even the Arrowood Express. I think it would really save the Steele Creek residents gas money, and I just think it would be common sense to extend the CATS bus line....to accomodate future customers, etc. How do we get something going to get CATS to extend it? Petitions? I see the Arrowood Express go by my apartment all the time, but you have to ride it during a set schedule or something. What do y'all think?

• Replies 4
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Welcome to the site. :)

The new LRT project goes to Arrowood. I'm not sure about the shopping center, though.

Thanks...I've actually been a lurker for about a month and finally decided to join. I can't wait for the light rail to be finished. Do you know exactly when that shopping center will open? I've heard as late as August...

I somewhat am guessing that there will be new bus routes around 485 areas like Steele Creek that lead to the 485 station of the LRT. As for how to get routes changed, I'm not sure, but it seems worthwhile to push for it.

I somewhat am guessing that there will be new bus routes around 485 areas like Steele Creek that lead to the 485 station of the LRT. As for how to get routes changed, I'm not sure, but it seems worthwhile to push for it.

It does seem worthwile to push for getting a route changed. I'd love it and I'd hope others would too. We'll have to see if more people in this area want that change to be made.

Archived