Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Florida

Quiznos vs Firehouse vs Subway and Others

Sub Places   26 members have voted

1. 1. Who makes the best sub??

• Firehouse Subs
    • Quiznos
    • Publix
    • Subway
    • Other (Please Explain)

Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

45 posts in this topic

firehouse, tj u are lieing if u say quiznos

I voted for "other" b/c I like Loopers on the Parkway. I typically order veggie subs even though I'm not a vegetarian and Loopers has the best and biggest sub for your money. Firehouse comes in a close 2nd and Publix 3rd IMO.

I might have to try this loopers!

I don't care for either Subway nor Quiznos. Subway is stingy with their meat, and it always makes me sick when I eat there. Quiznos is okay, but too pricy, and plus I don't like my subs toasted. I likes 'em cold :P

The best subs I ever had were from this mom-n-pop Italian bakery down in Broward that has several locations. None up here, sadly :/

:lol: heh, TJ Tallahassee's Favorite is Clearly Firehouse.

Proof

LoL, I have to say I like everyone's subs except Quiznos and Winn-Dixie's. If i have to choose who has the best sub I'll say Hobbit Hoagies just to keep things interesting.

I have to tip my hat off to FAT SANDWICH if you havent eaten their its great, go get some!!!

Its right by the Marriot they are building on gaines, its off of railroad avenue..... its an old converted gas station into a sandwich shop....

your belly will walk out happy!

By total linear feet of subs consumed on a regular basis, my vote has to go with Subway. If we're talking tastiest sub in Tally, then it's FAT SANDWICH for lunch.

I change my mind to fat sandwich, I don't know how I forgot about them.

Fat Sandwitch huh? I need to get over there and try them out. I really like my sandwitch toasted... do they toast?

Publix has the sub game locked down. :shades: By the sheer size of their subs, you'll have to save half for tomorrow because you'll get full so quick.

For Chain Resturants, I like Firehouse subs for a typical hot sub and Quiznos for an Out of the Ordinary sub. If I want a cold sub, I go to Jimmy Johns.

For Locals, I like Fat Sandwich for cold sandwiches and Bagel-Bagel for Toasty ones. I am waiting for my Bagel Bagel to be deliever to work now. :)

Though out of the list on top, I'd have to choose Firehouse.

I just noticed a few Quiznos ads are now appearing here on UrbanPlanet! LOL!

I might have to give Firehouse another chance. No way am I getting the Meatball sub again.

I might have to give Firehouse another chance. No way am I getting the Meatball sub again.

TJ get the Hook and Ladder, Fully Involved with no mayo thats what i get.. its soo good.!

No wonder you didn't like it. There meat ball sub sucks. I usually get the Hero sub. It is yummy yummy for the tummy!

Yummy Yummy for the Tummy! :lol: I'll see what these two subs are all about tonight when my friends get home.

Hoagie Express

Blairstone between Old. St. Aug and Orange.... oh so good.

^Ain't they though! Has anyone been to Gandolf's Deli on Ocala? Are they any good?

Never been to the Gondofolos Deli at the intersection of Tennessee and Ocala but I want to. I've heard good things. I remember when that used to be the Police Substation.

Murphy, could you make a Hoagie Express reccomendation.

I had to vote for Other. I don't have a favorite, but I look for places that offer alfalfa sprouts.

My big thing against Firehouse is that they are always trying to throw too much crap that I don't want on my sandwich. They make it too difficult for the picky people like me who only want certain things on their sandwiches and want them to remove all traces of mayonaise from the restaurant before they start working on my order.

I probably wind up at Subway the most just because it is closest to work, quick, and cheap. The paltry meat portions are disappointing though. I need to get back to the downtown delis now that the Legislature is out.

Speaking of downtown deli and legislature, this year's session was very disappointing from the excitement standpoint.

Who is that guy that keeps smiling at me? And why is he smiling at me???? :huh: