• Firehouse Subs
    • Quiznos
    • Publix
    • Subway
    • Other (Please Explain)

• Replies 44
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I like Firehouse's subs better (Engine Company w/o Mayo or Mustard) but Subway has a larger choice of what you can put on a sub ( Hey, I like spinach on my sub, it's the only way I seem to get anything green into my diet). As far as the locals go, I haven't been to Looper's, just Hobbit and the Sweet Shop. Maybe I need to go and explore a bit more.

The guy that keeps smiling at us and is a Quiznos fan and not a Firehouse fan. You know him? And why is he smilin' at us? :D

But Poonther, I don't understand!!! :silly: Who is it.

And who here likes the Philly Connection? It seems their subs have a drug in them.

• 2 months later...

Publix subs are the best!!!! You get the largest sub in town, more variety, and best costs. Oh, so wonderful!!!!

Publix are the only Subs I eat. Cant beat a good Boars Head sub. There is always a long line for there subs during lunch.... exp "Club Publix"

Never been to the Gondofolos Deli at the intersection of Tennessee and Ocala but I want to. I've heard good things. I remember when that used to be the Police Substation.

Murphy, could you make a Hoagie Express reccomendation.

Now that they're out of business, it's a moot point. Not sure if I'll go now it's a superchurro or whatever it is.

One reason maybe for so many Subways is that aren't they the least expensive of all the sub chains w/maybe the exception of Publix? In a college town, price is pretty important and that maybe why we have so many on the westside?

I'm not a big sub connoisseur, but according to price, starting w/the most expensive, I'd rank them like this for a typical meal:

Quiznos

Firehouse

Publix

Subway

Please feel free to disagree.

I'm sure you meant to say Subway is the least expensive of those listed, and I agree with your ranking. But it seems mightly risky to have 3 locations so close to each other.

That is what I said isn't it in my roundabout incorrect Southern grammar?

Archived