Should Hartford Light Up Skyscrapers?

grock

• Replies 25
  • Created
  • Last Reply

There should be more lighting yes, but I don't particularly like neon lighting. It's too tacky for my tastes. I'd much rather have subtle, soft lighting across the skyline.

I think Goodwin Square could stand to have some more distinct lighting, and CityPlace I needs something - anything that makes it stand out at night. I was thinking the mansard roof could have lights installed underneath its exterior which would provide that soft glow I'm talking about.

Travelers is fine - maybe even a bit too bright, and H21 we'll just have to wait and see how the top turns out.

There should be more lighting yes, but I don't particularly like neon lighting. It's too tacky for my tastes. I'd much rather have subtle, soft lighting across the skyline.

I think Goodwin Square could stand to have some more distinct lighting, and CityPlace I needs something - anything that makes it stand out at night. I was thinking the mansard roof could have lights installed underneath its exterior which would provide that soft glow I'm talking about.

Travelers is fine - maybe even a bit too bright, and H21 we'll just have to wait and see how the top turns out.

When they lights are on in the buildings, particularly cityplace, its cool beacuse it outlines them and makes a helluva view from our bay window in Manchster.

that neon stuff is disgusting in my opinion tho

When they lights are on in the buildings, particularly cityplace, its cool beacuse it outlines them and makes a helluva view from our bay window in Manchster.

that neon stuff is disgusting in my opinion tho

Yeah, no to the neon. Yes to more natural looking lighting that will show the skyline better at night.

Yeah, no to the neon. Yes to more natural looking lighting that will show the skyline better at night.

There is some decent lighting. I love the drive at night coming into Hartford from the Founders Bridge (The Marriott and Travlers). With the science center and Hartford 21 that's going to look incredible.

There is some decent lighting. I love the drive at night coming into Hartford from the Founders Bridge (The Marriott and Travlers). With the science center and Hartford 21 that's going to look incredible.

That is definitely the best view you can get driving into the city.

The traveler's tower should have different colors just like the empire state building does. Green for st. patricks day for example. Goodwin square has lights but it not visible from far away. Goodness there needs to be lighting on cityplace. i was thinking on the roof. Do you think they will add any lights to the buildings that exist already?

At night, the city could look like Dallas if they added some neon and better lighting to some of the non-descript skyscrapers

http://images.google.com/imgres?imgurl=htt...s&ct=image&cd=1

You don't really want your city to look like that, do you? :sick:

Natural lighting for Hartford. It would be beautiful. More lighting? Yes! Neon lighting? Dear god no!

You don't really want your city to look like that, do you? :sick:

Natural lighting for Hartford. It would be beautiful. More lighting? Yes! Neon lighting? Dear god no!

LOL ... a giant disco ball in the sky. That is hideous. Even more hideous: the green neon around the tallest building in the picture. I don't think Hartford has even come close to reaching its potential. It came close to passing over to one of the great skylines 15 years ago... Lower the taxes and development will come back strong, guaranteed. Hartford should light up the skyline, maybe put an emphasis on the Traveller's tower as the focal point.. it's my favorite Hartford skyscraper.

Hartford should light up the skyline, maybe put an emphasis on the Traveller's tower as the focal point.. it's my favorite Hartford skyscraper.

Apparently you've never seen the Hartford skyline at night?...the Travelers tower is bathed in light every night. The problem are the other big skyscrapers (Goodwin Square only has minimal lighting, can't see it from far away, and CityPlace I - has no lighting other than the late night office worker).

Apparently you've never seen the Hartford skyline at night?...the Travelers tower is bathed in light every night. The problem are the other big skyscrapers (Goodwin Square only has minimal lighting, can't see it from far away, and CityPlace I - has no lighting other than the late night office worker).

To be honest, I've only been to Hartford a handful of times at night in the last 5 years or so, and did not know of Traveller's being every night. The times I do venture over to Hartford are usually to see family during the daytime, and a few other random reasons (DMV in Wethersfield). The way I perceived it, I assumed all the downtown towers weren't lit very well at night. I've lived in Providence and go there pretty often. I haven't found too many reasons to drive 45 minutes to Hartford when Providence is 45 minutes away.

To be honest, I've only been to Hartford a handful of times at night in the last 5 years or so, and did not know of Traveller's being every night. The times I do venture over to Hartford are usually to see family during the daytime, and a few other random reasons (DMV in Wethersfield). The way I perceived it, I assumed all the downtown towers weren't lit very well at night. I've lived in Providence and go there pretty often. I haven't found too many reasons to drive 45 minutes to Hartford when Providence is 45 minutes away.

:cry:

All jokes aside, there's a lot to do up here I recommend making the trip more often. Pearl Jam was just here, not my taste, but I'm sure it was a great turnout. We also have US Soccer coming to the Rent soon and a bunch of other stuff all summer long. You'll have a great time if you come up here a few times this summer on some of the really busy weekends. Check out Hartford.com, the pretty much have everything in Greater Hartford worth mentioning.

Hartford.com

if you don't like dallas's nighttime skyline, then what city has the best nightime skyline?

NYC best skyline both day and night.

hartford should do something like what providence does. the biltmore has their name on top all lit up, and then there's the 3 classic providence skyline buildings, always lit at night... there's one building behind them that should be lit, but isn't. we gotta work on that.

So they are both equidistant? There's your reason to come, variety...

Archived