Best Rapper Alive?

cameronm

in my opinion bone thugs n harmony,paul wall,twista,young jeezyand TI are good as well as Dre,cause Still DRE is one the best songs(in my opinion). i dont know,jay Z is not that good in my eyes......Biggie and Tupac will always be my top rappers though, cause they put their all in their songs.

• Replies 40
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Most Atlanta rappers have no talent and basically just make crunk songs.

:rofl:

Commmeeeeee onnnnnn now... cant diss Ludacris from the A T L. His lyrics are by far the best of any modern-day rap artist. Jermaine Dupree to me by far is crunk master lyrics in this regard.

One of my all-time favorite lyrics:

Jermaine Dupree feat Ludacris - Welcome to Atlanta....

If you was ridin, you was ballin to homie Shadi, Im the MBP, Most Ballernous Player, Make my own rules, b{sodEmoji.{sodEmoji.|}}tch call me the mayor Monday night, Gentlemen's Club Tuesday night, Im up in the velvet room, gettin fu*ked up Wednesday, Im at strokers on lean Thursday, jump clean, and I fall up in cream Friday, shark bar kyack with Frank Skeem, right on the floor is where you can find me Saturday, is off the heezy fo' sheezy, you can find me up in one-tweezy Sunday, is when i get my sleepin' Cause on Monday we be at it again, Holla!

Then Bubba Sparxx from the song Ugly:

Though I am country, don't get the wrong idea, My ego's gettin bigger, with every song I hear, Cause y'all been bullsh{sodEmoji.{sodEmoji.|}}ttin, spittin that booty chatter Out here for two days and came with somethin that truly matters On goes the saga - of Bubba's plight She won't see tomorrah, if I don't cut tonight That's just my mood now; I hate it came to this How else can I say it I don't speak no other languages I'm fairly ripped now, so this the jimmy talkin You hear that beat don'tcha? That's just Timmy talkin Go 'head throw dem bows - f*ck it, break a bottle Let's be honest none of us will ever date a model So let's just cut it loose, ignore the repercussions If you scared, then just forget what we discussin This that new South - take a picture of me Cause I'm a fu*kin legend, and this is gettin ugly

lil wayne is a good rapper. I wouldn't go that far and say the best alive. He has made the most improvements of any rapper ever and that show he has a true understanding of rap. The reason why people love Jay-z so much is he is a true rapper which is base off of lyrics, most people really don't think he is that great outside the east coast because it is a diff rap game in other parts of the u.s.. I would have to say Jadakiss too than Nas. T.I. is ok but most of the ATL music I think makes rap forget about lyrics and just zoom in on the beat. I can't forget the Clipse (if you listen to lyrics you know why) they also got hot beats.

:rofl:

Commmeeeeee onnnnnn now... cant diss Ludacris from the A T L. His lyrics are by far the best of any modern-day rap artist. Jermaine Dupree to me by far is crunk master lyrics in this regard.

One of my all-time favorite lyrics:

Jermaine Dupree feat Ludacris - Welcome to Atlanta....

If you was ridin, you was ballin to homie Shadi, Im the MBP, Most Ballernous Player, Make my own rules, b{sodEmoji.{sodEmoji.|}}tch call me the mayor Monday night, Gentlemen's Club Tuesday night, Im up in the velvet room, gettin fu*ked up Wednesday, Im at strokers on lean Thursday, jump clean, and I fall up in cream Friday, shark bar kyack with Frank Skeem, right on the floor is where you can find me Saturday, is off the heezy fo' sheezy, you can find me up in one-tweezy Sunday, is when i get my sleepin' Cause on Monday we be at it again, Holla!

Then Bubba Sparxx from the song Ugly:

Though I am country, don't get the wrong idea, My ego's gettin bigger, with every song I hear, Cause y'all been bullsh{sodEmoji.{sodEmoji.|}}ttin, spittin that booty chatter Out here for two days and came with somethin that truly matters On goes the saga - of Bubba's plight She won't see tomorrah, if I don't cut tonight That's just my mood now; I hate it came to this How else can I say it I don't speak no other languages I'm fairly ripped now, so this the jimmy talkin You hear that beat don'tcha? That's just Timmy talkin Go 'head throw dem bows - f*ck it, break a bottle Let's be honest none of us will ever date a model So let's just cut it loose, ignore the repercussions If you scared, then just forget what we discussin This that new South - take a picture of me Cause I'm a fu*kin legend, and this is gettin ugly

technically luda is from illinois. but i'm just splitting hairs. ;) i don't like jermaine dupri. you can't diss dr. dre and be respected. especially when most of your acts are kid groups (kriss kross and lil bow wow). we need someone from the old school to come back in a big way. rakim is recording with nas (i can't wait!!!!!) and krs one is always promoting the game underground. who can forget south bronx, south south bronx!!!!?

i also forgot to mention Big L. he was the next great mc that was about to blow up huge. then he got shot and killed in 2000. i really believe he would have been on the level of B.I.G. and tupac. and if you wanna listen to some good jay z, listen to the stuff that he spit with Big L.

i also forgot to mention Big L. he was the next great mc that was about to blow up huge. then he got shot and killed in 2000. i really believe he would have been on the level of B.I.G. and tupac. and if you wanna listen to some good jay z, listen to the stuff that he spit with Big L.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Personally, I would say Blackalicious has some amazing flow. Check out "Alphabet Aerobics". I am more partial to rappers that have good rhythm and are more interesting and original than anything else. The Roots, Jurassic 5, Mos Def, Del Tha Funkee Homosapien and Dilated Peoples are all good examples of rappers and groups that are extremely talented, alive, and not widely known.

Geez... too many I see to pick from... Lil who? There are so many "Lil" guys it's crazy. I guess my rapper's name would be Lil' Ric804... although there's nothing obviously little about me. Oh I can't rap either, but that doesn't seem to stop the endless flow of people who cuss over a drum beat. I can do that! But I'd rather have my family be able to be proud and not embarrassed over lyrics. Nothing to offend the elders, who should always be respected. Oh and I haven't a shred of street cred.

Anyway, I kinda miss Bone... and Bizzy has lost his mind. Layzie keeps churning out Mo Thugs stuff people don't listen to (the first 2 were good... and Ken Dawg has a great voice for the style). Flesh, is in jail for his stupidity... how long does he have now?

To me, rap has lost its way and hasn't been the same since 1998 when I think everyone started talking more and more about materialism and petty jealousy issues than focusing on making music. Oh don't forget rubbing in how much money they have. GOT TO LOVE OLD SCHOOL RAP!

But beside that, I do like Jay-Z, Eminem, Outkast, Ludacris, Lil Kim, Twista, Kanye... and just you wait. Hammer's coming back! :rofl:

Archived