Redone Central Park in Tulsa

swake

• Replies 9
  • Created
  • Last Reply

This is the newly named Pearl District, named for a very old name for Peoria Ave.

Pearl. That's right, I remembered it was something like that. Some guy wanted to build about a hundred lofts, and wanted Vision money to do it. I sort of liked the proposal myself, but I don't know why it doesn't have to happen b/c the City wouldn't finance him. There's banks everywhere. That whole area, especially along 6th between Downtown and TU, is just poised to become the next Cherry Street or Brookside I do so believe.

Pearl. That's right, I remembered it was something like that. Some guy wanted to build about a hundred lofts, and wanted Vision money to do it. I sort of liked the proposal myself, but I don't know why it doesn't have to happen b/c the City wouldn't finance him. There's banks everywhere. That whole area, especially along 6th between Downtown and TU, is just poised to become the next Cherry Street or Brookside I do so believe.

The only loft project proposed for the pearl district is the Village at Central Park, which are townhomes and entering a second phase. You are confused and thinking of a project in the East Village that was not selected in the Vision 2025 housing fund.

Can you tell me the differance between Bricktown and Deep Deuce? There is none.

Well, in Tulsa there's an eight lane expressway dividing the new "Pearl" district and the East Village, kinda a large dividing line.

• 3 weeks later...

Archived