Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

swake

Redone Central Park in Tulsa

10 posts in this topic

From Rico, the almost done Central Park downtown. (The townhome development Village at Central Park is next door in a couple of the photos)

BigDig13.jpg

BigDig18.jpg

Dig_22.jpg

BigDig19.jpg

Can't wait to see everything once it's all grown in and the water is running. It'll be a great place to view the skyline.

Was one of those Vision proposals, I think the Olive District, going to be across from Central Park?

This is the newly named Pearl District, named for a very old name for Peoria Ave.

Looks kind of like the South Canal in OKC. ;) I like the stone work.

This is the newly named Pearl District, named for a very old name for Peoria Ave.

Pearl. That's right, I remembered it was something like that. Some guy wanted to build about a hundred lofts, and wanted Vision money to do it. I sort of liked the proposal myself, but I don't know why it doesn't have to happen b/c the City wouldn't finance him. There's banks everywhere. That whole area, especially along 6th between Downtown and TU, is just poised to become the next Cherry Street or Brookside I do so believe.

Pearl. That's right, I remembered it was something like that. Some guy wanted to build about a hundred lofts, and wanted Vision money to do it. I sort of liked the proposal myself, but I don't know why it doesn't have to happen b/c the City wouldn't finance him. There's banks everywhere. That whole area, especially along 6th between Downtown and TU, is just poised to become the next Cherry Street or Brookside I do so believe.

The only loft project proposed for the pearl district is the Village at Central Park, which are townhomes and entering a second phase. You are confused and thinking of a project in the East Village that was not selected in the Vision 2025 housing fund.

Can you tell me the differance between Bricktown and Deep Deuce? There is none.

Can you tell me the differance between Bricktown and Deep Deuce? There is none.

Well, in Tulsa there's an eight lane expressway dividing the new "Pearl" district and the East Village, kinda a large dividing line.

Great pics! Enjoyed them.