Favorite Capital City Skyline Part II

TBurban

Capital Cities  

179 members have voted

1. 1. Whats your favorite capital city skyline?

• Montgomery
    • Little Rock
    • Tallahassee
    • Baton Rouge
    • Frankfort
    • Jackson
    • Raleigh
    • Oklahoma City
    • Columbia
    • Nashville
    • Austin
    • Richmond

• Replies 101
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Little Rock, for its size vs. population. To refresh your memory:

Little Rock:

(pics by Gscullom)

fromlibrary8yw.jpg

gettingdark1xm.jpg

late2tw.jpg

skylineriver6oz.jpg

pics by Mith

img8199ss0ei.jpg

merge51ss8dt.jpg

merge41ss4bs.jpg

img8284ss9cm.jpg

img8293ss7cy.jpg

img8304ss0sl.jpg

img8327ss7jz.jpg

img8400ss9fp.jpg

img8258ss2xf.jpg

img8263ss9uk.jpg

img8289ss3lk.jpg

Great photos! Whats the name of the tallest tower? When I used to go to Little Rock often several years ago, it was the TCBY tower, but looks like a different sign on it now.

gotta go with nashville on this one. and many thanks to lexy for this beautiful shot (he has many many more, this guy is a picture taking animal!!!) just think, in 5 years it's going to look a lot different (and a lot taller).

56938865.panopano1.jpg

I really like Nashville's skyline from the south...because SoBro is lower in elevation, it makes the buildings look taller...

58641897.asouthpan1.jpg

*photo courtesy of Lexy*

Oh, I forgot, besides that I like Little Rock's skyline. Very nice for a city of its size! Good looking buildings (both tall and small) as well.

OKC is my favorite... And I have reasons other than hometown bias. The density and variety in height and shape are really nice I think. Sometimes I think you have to be a pedestrian in downtown OKC to truly realize the beauty of the skyline- from many angles you can't get a view of the whole skyline because the density is so high.

okc-009.jpg

25OKC_skyline-med.jpg

IDK, Little Rock and OKC have some height but there are only a few buildings there.

Richmond (boxy as it is) has some body, so does Nashville.

Yet for some unknown reason I have a feeling in my gut that Columbia will somehow win this one... lol

Anyone have pics of Tallahassee?

Columbia's buildings are nice looking...but pretty spread out. Both Nashville and Richmond have several blocks of pretty decently sized buildings close together.

I agree, here's Richmond's skyline. It has a nice dense urban core.

lg_riverside3%20(large)%203.14.06.jpg

My vote goes for Richmond. Its pretty dense and it stretches out rather wide. If anyone that has seen the skyline from I-95 North coming from the Southside knows what I'm talking about. I give Nashville #2 and Columbia/Little Rock are tied for #3.

If you go by size, then including the West End skyline of Nashville with the CBD...it wins in my opinion (but I am a homer LOL!). We are talking about three or four miles of straight buildings and rooflines.

See what I mean. BTW, the dip in the "rooflines" toward the middle of the pic is actually a valley, so some builidngs are obscured a bit by the tree line and the small ridge behind them. This pic looks from the north to south, I-65/24 is on the far left and I-440 is on the far right. This is the ENTIRE skyline of Nashville that is visible to some in places around the north side.

scroll>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

60040593.apanafterthestorm.jpg

Archived