Favorite Capital City Skyline Part II

TBurban

Capital Cities  

179 members have voted

1. 1. Whats your favorite capital city skyline?

• Montgomery
    • Little Rock
    • Tallahassee
    • Baton Rouge
    • Frankfort
    • Jackson
    • Raleigh
    • Oklahoma City
    • Columbia
    • Nashville
    • Austin
    • Richmond

• Replies 101
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • 3 weeks later...

hailing from The Ville, I love our skyline. it gets my vote for uniqueness and in many shots, you can pick out the building way towards the ground instead of just it's top. with the Signature Tower, it will be superior to any Southern city. Atlanta, if only all those tall buildings were clustered together in midtown, not strung out for many miles, but whatever

when it comes to uniqueness:

Richmond, Columbia, Nashville and Charleston WV are all great; river cities usually look quite cool, even in places like Charleston which doesn't have a big or new skyline, and still somehow looks very unique. The rapids in Cola and Richmond make for some dramatic d'town scenery.

Some of y'all are hanging entirely too much on Signature. First and foremost, one tower doesn't make a city. Secondly, while it might make for a pretty postcard, what will it do for pedestrian activity at the street level? I'm sure smaller cities like Charleston will continue to excel in this regard.

hailing from The Ville, I love our skyline. it gets my vote for uniqueness and in many shots, you can pick out the building way towards the ground instead of just it's top. with the Signature Tower, it will be superior to any Southern city. Atlanta, if only all those tall buildings were clustered together in midtown, not strung out for many miles, but whatever

I suggest you cruise on over tho the norhteast forum and take a look at Buffalos skyline. Tell me what you see. One hint a tall scraper disjointed from the rest of the skylline. From certain angles it looks horrid. Not saying siggy will stand out like that but that is what you have to look forward too.

• 2 weeks later...

hince the point of it being called SIGNATURE TOWER, it is to be THE signature building in all of Nashville, and possibly one of the most revered buildings in the country. It can claim the title of tallest residential building to be constructed in the U.S. in the 21st century. It is breaking ground in April or May officially now.

• 5 weeks later...
hince the point of it being called SIGNATURE TOWER, it is to be THE signature building in all of Nashville, and possibly one of the most revered buildings in the country. It can claim the title of tallest residential building to be constructed in the U.S. in the 21st century. It is breaking ground in April or May officially now.

im sorry but saying that signature tower will bring Nashville to a bigger status than Atlanta is laughable im not a atl booster but come on i drive from chicago to atl multiple times a year going through nashville and it does not compare to the size of atl just like atl does not come close to chicago the signature tower if it happens which i have not seen signs that it will, will not elevate nashville to a prominent stage just like boa atl did not promote atl to a world stage, yet the overall size of atl compared to nashville is what sets it apart...again not an atl booster bc i realize that chicago,nyc,la, and maybe houston are all bigger than atl but nashville is another tier down despite a 1000 footer so i dont think that with this tower it will be superior to any southern city Charlotte, Atl, Miami, and the NO all have impressive skylines nashville is relatively new to this race

^Who said anything about Signature Tower boosting Nashville up past Atlanta (economically)? It's guys like you who get innocent topics like these closed. You claim that you are not an ATL booster, but it sure does not look that way. I get so tired of people stirring up trouble and trying to turn these into versus threads. Keep your negative comments to yourself.

^Who said anything about Signature Tower boosting Nashville up past Atlanta (economically)? It's guys like you who get innocent topics like these closed. You claim that you are not an ATL booster, but it sure does not look that way. I get so tired of people stirring up trouble and trying to turn these into versus threads. Keep your negative comments to yourself.

I dont think he was boosting ATL yo.....Actually someone on here did say that with the Sig the Nashville skyline will be superior to any other in the south...that Reednavy guy...dont get so upset when someone say something about Nashville man...We people from Memphis are used to it..lol...Nothing innocent about this topic anyways...its still a city boosting thread. Anyways.....Little Rock...nice

There is obviously a great deal of boosting going on in here. bpoulos is not an ATL booster he is simply stating the truth.

Take it as that.

One tower will not make Nashville bigger than Atlanta or Houston or any other major metro. It will take population growth.

You guys are being too sensitive imo. <_<

I also agree with Memphis 10....Little Rock is a sweet capital city.

Archived