Need Some Help with RIPTA

webbage

Dear all,

I've just tried finding a route with RIPTA's trip planner and I've concluded their website stinks.

Anyways, I'll be working at the cathedral over the summer and I'm investigating bus routes. The nearest stop I can find is Washington & Green. However, I can't find a schedule for a trip from Kennedy Plaza (I'll have to change there) to that spot. Can anyone please help?

Thanks!

Dan

• Replies 6
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Dear all,

I've just tried finding a route with RIPTA's trip planner and I've concluded their website stinks.

Anyways, I'll be working at the cathedral over the summer and I'm investigating bus routes. The nearest stop I can find is Washington & Green. However, I can't find a schedule for a trip from Kennedy Plaza (I'll have to change there) to that spot. Can anyone please help?

Thanks!

Dan

kennedy plaza is only a few blocks from green... and it looks like there are 7 routes that go down washington to greene from KP (5 more if you don't mind walking 1 block from empire).

system map - providence detail

something else to think about...

all the stops listed on the site for each route are not really all the stops. there are stops in between those. my suggestion would be to go down to the cathedral someday and walk around to see the little ripta signs (i imagine they'll stop every couple blocks downtown). in my last post, i mentioned 5 other routes that go down washington to empire. they turn left onto empire and then right at weybosset. i would think that any one of those routes would drop you off closer to the cathedral. although none of those streets are far, so any one of those routes that i mentioned (not by number because that'd be a lot, but if you look at the providence detail map, you can see what i'm talking about) should get you within a block or 2, which isn't far at all (providence blocks are small).

i just checked the distance... you walk from KP down washington to jackson walkway (goes from washington st to the cathedral) and it's only half a mile (roughly .51 miles according to what i did with google earth, you can cut out .02 miles by going down empire and taking westminster straight to the cathedral).

Buses move through downtown way slower than walking pace, trust me, you're better off walking anywhere than transferring at Kennedy Plaza.

Sounds like it. Not to mention, there's only one bus from Burrillville - and it takes Route 44. Ack.

I think that I'll ask dear old mom and dad to drive me to work the first free days, and once I have Driver's Ed under my belt I'll start racking up my 60 hours or whatever.

Thanks for the help guys!

Archived