Is there anyway to get a skyline rendering...

nashvol85

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

If those renderings depict the correct height, then I wonder if it will be too tall. It would look somewhat out of place in our skyline.

(BTW to the guys that did do those pictures of Sig.: Good job!!)

:shok: Blasphemy! Blasphemy I say! You should be banned at once! :D Just kidding knoxster. I understand where you are coming from. When we put the renderings together I think the first word out of my mouth was, "Daaaaaaaaaaaaammmmmmmmmmnnnnnnnnnnnnn! It will be very tall but think of it this way; many great paintings consist of bold and dramatic brush strokes. However, the artist, while beginning with the first, visualizes many more to come that will complete his masterpiece. To me, our skyline has been a wonderful sketch of a potentially great painting. Now come the bold and dramatic brush strokes! We may have to start calling Tony..."the van Gogh" of Nashville development. :blink: OK, enough with the metaphor.

tistic and I thank you!

The renderings are awesome tistic! :thumbsup:

Thanks RK--It took SSG and me about an hour...I wish it were as quick and easy to put up a real one as it is to use photoshop. But that would be out of control, and would make standing in any empty parking lot a very dangerous thing to do. :ph34r:

My compliments to Tistic and SSG for the rendering. IMO it proves that Sig Tower is NOT too tall for the Nashville skyline. It's just a matter of time before another 700 foooter is built in downtown Nashville and the rendering clearly shows a beautiful, even "balanced" skyline with that addition. Who knows? There may be more than one 700 footer in the relatively near future for Nashville. If that is the case, what a wonderful skyline Nashville will have!

Thanks Hankster, it's great to see you back!

Btw, have you ever noticed that the L&C Tower is taller than its listed 409'? tistic and I were talking about this the other day when we were working on these renderings. I think it's more like 450'. It's lot elevation is 478' compared to 486' elev. for the 490'Financial Center so it sits about 8' lower on the hill but if you look at where the L&C stands next to the FC, there is no way it is 81' shorter.

sigwlight2.jpg

The City Center is 402' and sits at 489' elev. That's 11' higher on the hill than L&C. If you look at the picture, the observation deck of the L&C looks almost even with the roof of the CC. It would make sense if the observation deck was about 409' but then there is the block with the L&C sign on top of that.

What do you think?

Thanks Hankster, it's great to see you back!

Btw, have you ever noticed that the L&C Tower is taller than its listed 409'? tistic and I were talking about this the other day when we were working on these renderings. I think it's more like 450'. It's lot elevation is 478' compared to 486' elev. for the 490'Financial Center so it sits about 8' lower on the hill but if you look at where the L&C stands next to the FC, there is no way it is 81' shorter.

sigwlight2.jpg

The City Center is 402' and sits at 489' elev. That's 11' higher on the hill than L&C. If you look at the picture, the observation deck of the L&C looks almost even with the roof of the CC. It would make sense if the observation deck was about 409' but then there is the block with the L&C sign on top of that.

What do you think?

You could be right! One thing for certain is the difference in heights between the L&C and Financial Center buildings is far less than 81 ft. It does look possible that the height difference between City Center and Financial Center could be 88 ft as the 402 and 490 ft listed heights indicate. But there is something that bothers me. The Viridian is not in the picture, but if you look at the top of the spires in relation to the L&C, those two buildins are pretty darn close to the same height. The drawings show a height of 404 Ft for the Viridian as we have been told. Based on that, I would say that the L&C is no more than 420 to 430 feet. Then that makes me wonder if the heights for both the City Center and the Financial Center have been exaggerated a little bit, or makes me wonder if the Viridian is even higher than 404 ft. At this point I don't know what to think except that there must be something wrong somewhere.

Well I'm pretty sure that in the pictures I've seen, the L&C Tower's box stands above the Viridian. I may be wrong though.

Look at the Live camera shot of The Viridian below and you will see that the top of the spires are probably no more than 20 feet from the top of L&C "box". I also think that they will add points to the spires of the Viridian later and add a few additional feet to that building's height.

Viridian Cam

Look at the Live camera shot of The Viridian below and you will see that the top of the spires are probably no more than 20 feet from the top of L&C "box". I also think that they will add points to the spires of the Viridian later and add a foew additional feet to that building's height.

Viridian Cam

Virdian top is slightly above the larger flat roof of L&C

Here is a shot of the Signature views

eastview.jpg

And looking from the Symphony

image-7b.jpg

Perhaps, for some strange reason, they measured the L&C on useable floor space. dunno?

That's what I'm thinking and why I'm guessing the 409' is to the top of the observation deck. Maybe when the official height was set after construction they only considered it to be measured to the top usable floor like you said. Maybe it just stuck and no one ever questioned it. One thing is for sure, something doesn't add up.

Speaking of elevations, what is the lot elevation for the BellSouth bldg and Sig T? Obviously, I was wondering what the actual height difference is going to be between the two bldgs.

Anyone who hasn't got it already, if they have a graphics card on their computer, they should get Google Earth. It lets you see a bird's eye view of virtually any place on the planet. Think U2 spy plane photos from the Cuban Missile Crisis.

For determining elevation, over any given photograph of an area, wherever you hover your cursor the program tells you an approximate elevation...

:ph34r:

Speaking of elevations, what is the lot elevation for the BellSouth bldg and Sig T? Obviously, I was wondering what the actual height difference is going to be between the two bldgs.

The elevation difference b/w the two lots is about fifty feet.

Archived