Is there anyway to get a skyline rendering...

nashvol85

That's what I'm thinking and why I'm guessing the 409' is to the top of the observation deck. Maybe when the official height was set after construction they only considered it to be measured to the top usable floor like you said. Maybe it just stuck and no one ever questioned it. One thing is for sure, something doesn't add up.

Relying on my memory here; The former observation deck and home of WLAC measured 365' from the ground. The enclosed building services unit, the angled top with the large L&C logo on it, measured 409'. The radio antenna pushed it up to an even 500'.

Funny thing about memory, I can remember those kind of numbers and Mickey Mantle's batting average, but can't remember my children's birthdays.

I think the L&C Tower, at least from the northeast, is Nashville's best building. It soars from the street and pulls the eye up unlike any other building I know. I remember visiting Nashville in the late 50's when it was under construction, and see the steel frame tower over the City. It cost an amazing $5,000,000 dollars. That won't even buy a penthouse in the Signature.

I actually worked for Life and Casualty Insurance for a year and worked in the basement of the building. But, I spent many a lunch hour in the observation deck. I wish it would open again.

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

/\ That was kind of my point. I'm just wondering where the numbers are off. It is either The Financial Center and City Center or it is the L&C. All three lots are within about 11' in elevation. So if CC is 402', the FC is 490' and L&C is 409', you can look at the picture of the skyline and tell that L&C is a good 30'-40' taller than the CC but not 81' shorter than FC. I'm just saying that it is more likely that one building's official height is wrong instead of two. That's all I'm saying. :D

/\ That was kind of my point. I'm just wondering where the numbers are off. It is either The Financial Center and City Center or it is the L&C. All three lots are within about 11' in elevation. So if CC is 402', the FC is 490' and L&C is 409', you can look at the picture of the skyline and tell that L&C is a good 30'-40' taller than the CC but not 81' shorter than FC. I'm just saying that it is more likely that one building's official height is wrong instead of two. That's all I'm saying. :D

L&C has been listed at 409' for as long as I can remember. The others may be off a bit.

The Rennaissance Hotel was listed at an even 400' in an Engineering Magazine I read while it was under construction, but it is listed by Emporis as somewhat shorter, however.

Archived