What Money Buys

ctman987

An article on MSN showed that in California 4.1% of homes were priced at or above 1 million dollars with CT and the Washington DC following at 3.3% of homes. Mass fell at 2.2% and New York 2.1%.

There is also a slide show that shows what 1 million dollars buys and this slideshow includes homes in New Haven, Greenwich and Springfield, MA.

The article is at

http://realestate.msn.com/buying/Articlefo...89428>1=8187

The slideshow starts at: (keep clicking and soon you will get to those CT and MA homes)

http://www.forbes.com/2006/04/27/cx_lr_042...partner=msnedit

• Replies 7
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Califorinia makes CT look very inexpensive.

That's why a lot of Cali's educated class and retirees are fleeing. Just because California is a bigger mess doesn't mean CT's too great... though judging by your previous posts I'm sure you know that.

• 3 weeks later...

That's why a lot of Cali's educated class and retirees are fleeing. Just because California is a bigger mess doesn't mean CT's too great... though judging by your previous posts I'm sure you know that.

I agree CT is nothing to brag about, when it comes to cost of living.

I agree CT is nothing to brag about, when it comes to cost of living.

I just got back from San Diego, went there for the weekend. Have a friend who lives in Pacific Beach section of SD. 14 blocks from the beach, 1 bed 1 bath 1960's condo around 700 Square feet. Monthly rent is $1500.

I just got back from San Diego, went there for the weekend. Have a friend who lives in Pacific Beach section of SD. 14 blocks from the beach, 1 bed 1 bath 1960's condo around 700 Square feet. Monthly rent is $1500.

That's absolutely insane.

As bad as that is, I lived in a 600 sq ft apartment in Great Neck, NY and the rent was 1600 a month. To top it off, the place had cockroaches and silverfish.

Parts of Long Island and SW Connecticut are even more expensive than SD and on par with the ridiculous rents in the Bay area. It's crazy.

Archived