Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

voyager12

Car Culture and Charlotte

8 posts in this topic

I like to go to Dean&Deluca at Philips Place for takeout after the gym sometimes. Upstream and The Palm's parking policy is :rofl: Last night I counted 4 mercedes in a row parked in front of Upstream. On the weekends there is usually 2 Porsches and a Bentley or a Ferrari parked in front of the Palm. I am always tempted to drive up in my a beatup old Ford at the Palm and ask them to valet it :lol: I am sure my car would get front row treatment :lol: I don't have any problems with it, Charlotte is a very prosperous city. Having expensive cars makes the restaurants seem exclusive I guess..since I have seen this in every city I visit. My car just feels much happier parked near The Penguin or Common Market :D

If there is a valet stand, I'm going to be valeting. That is true no matter what care I am driving. I even had my dog in the back seat one day, and I still valeted (how the heck do you spell that?). :)

^ better be on the lookout for animal activists.....they can write you up for leaving yoru pooch in the car. I think now-a-days it's considered as bad as leaving a child in the car!

I'm aaaallll about valeting. Especially at SouthPark during the holiday season. It's only a few bucks and the time and frustration it alleviates is well worth it. Bonus is that I then don't have to carry my stupid keychain with the big car key and big banana-shaped keyfob, house key, Y card, VIC card and all that other crap. I hate jamming that all into my pants pocket. Let them hang it in that convenient little cubby outside.

I don't think I would valet at Southpark (one of the two or three times a year I go!) but definitely any time I go downtown at night. It isn't worth saving the $5 tip to drive all around, look for a lot close-by and likely have to pay anyway.

^ better be on the lookout for animal activists.....they can write you up for leaving yoru pooch in the car. I think now-a-days it's considered as bad as leaving a child in the car!

I should mention that it was a temperate fall evening, and we weren't there long. But okay.

oh you know i am busting your chops.....but i am serious about how strict they have gotten on stuff like that