• Announcements

• Neo

WARNING!   07/26/16

By reading or participating in the Coffee House forum, you are acknowledging that some topics may be highly controversial in nature. While we make every attempt to ensure that no one and no groups are offended as a result of discussions contained within, we unfortunately can make no guarantees. Participate in threads contained within this forum at your own risk.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

voyager12

Car Culture and Charlotte

voyager12    1

I like to go to Dean&Deluca at Philips Place for takeout after the gym sometimes. Upstream and The Palm's parking policy is :rofl: Last night I counted 4 mercedes in a row parked in front of Upstream. On the weekends there is usually 2 Porsches and a Bentley or a Ferrari parked in front of the Palm. I am always tempted to drive up in my a beatup old Ford at the Palm and ask them to valet it :lol: I am sure my car would get front row treatment :lol: I don't have any problems with it, Charlotte is a very prosperous city. Having expensive cars makes the restaurants seem exclusive I guess..since I have seen this in every city I visit. My car just feels much happier parked near The Penguin or Common Market :D

dubone    621

If there is a valet stand, I'm going to be valeting. That is true no matter what care I am driving. I even had my dog in the back seat one day, and I still valeted (how the heck do you spell that?). :)

redjeep77    1

^ better be on the lookout for animal activists.....they can write you up for leaving yoru pooch in the car. I think now-a-days it's considered as bad as leaving a child in the car!

turbocraig    0

I'm aaaallll about valeting. Especially at SouthPark during the holiday season. It's only a few bucks and the time and frustration it alleviates is well worth it. Bonus is that I then don't have to carry my stupid keychain with the big car key and big banana-shaped keyfob, house key, Y card, VIC card and all that other crap. I hate jamming that all into my pants pocket. Let them hang it in that convenient little cubby outside.

I don't think I would valet at Southpark (one of the two or three times a year I go!) but definitely any time I go downtown at night. It isn't worth saving the $5 tip to drive all around, look for a lot close-by and likely have to pay anyway.

dubone    621

^ better be on the lookout for animal activists.....they can write you up for leaving yoru pooch in the car. I think now-a-days it's considered as bad as leaving a child in the car!

I should mention that it was a temperate fall evening, and we weren't there long. But okay.