Sidewalk cafes

Veloise

Go by yourself and meet folks. And I don't mean the regulars who you always see at (e.g.) Four Friends (although the two UPS drivers who eat weeknight dinners there, leaving their big brown trucks flasher-parked out front, are lots of fun).

The blues, then country series starts soon (Weds eves at RPC). Great people-watching.

Several of the "cafes" are just a place to sit and eat/drink what you got inside; no table service and no one will complain if you bring a blue chair over to a green umbrella.

You might bring a bike (there, I said it!) and ride around some, check out all the construction sites.

Blues on the Mall is absolutely NOT to be missed! Every Wednesday from June 14th to July 26th.

149241021_cab0e71311.jpg

Bigger Image if you'd like

• 2 weeks later...

• Replies 31
  • Created
  • Last Reply

cafe-bitterend.jpg

Inside, a very upscale decor. Put this into your need-to-know-someday file: 24 hours!

cafe-bite.jpg

Taken while Festival sets up. This weekend, DT will be one huge sidewalk cafe. I like the use of the planter boxes as support for the fencing.

cafe-pantlind.jpg

Good thing there's not much traffic on Lyon.

And now...we ARE in Kentwood! (Cascade Twp, actually)

cafe-sb.jpg

Need a refill? Just get in your car and go back through the drive-thru.

cafe-sb2.jpg

"Welcome to Moe's parking lot!"

cafe-moes.jpg

Mmmmm...atmosphere!

cafe-noodles.jpg

Cascade Twp. doesn't have sidewalks, they don't believe in them. People in Cascade Twp. are to good to Walk.

wrong, unlike busier Wyoming, cascade twns. has bike paths all over as well as wide sidewalks on both sides of 28th street in the village. just had to point that out because I think it is a good model for all other area communities to follow and I think they should extend their sidewalks all the way to the border at Patterson.

wrong, unlike busier Wyoming, cascade twns. has bike paths all over as well as wide sidewalks on both sides of 28th street in the village. just had to point that out because I think it is a good model for all other area communities to follow and I think they should extend their sidewalks all the way to the border at Patterson.

FYI, the portion of Cascade Twp just east of I-96 has many pedestrian issues (i.e. "what's a pedestian?"). The new development (Costco/Target) has sidewalks apparently designed by folks who've never walked. Crosswalks do not align with pavement, curb cuts are lacking (isn't there a federal law about that?!?), several locations have the "beam me up Scotty" dead end effect.

I work in the office park that's directly across from the SB drive-thru outlot. Almost easier to cross 28th St there than hike down to the signalized & pushbuttoned ped xing by the BP/Bob Evans.

Archived